make a booking calendar

vaguemind

Vaguemind
Hello, can i make a booking calendar for hotel rooms booking using fabrik ? if press on any date can put price of the room on that date range , like the below screen attached ?

Attachments

• bookingcal.jpg
    bookingcal.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 520
You can make a calendar which can save entries for the room prices for a given day.
I'm not sure what the "resources left" in the calendar is, is that the number of rooms available?
Would you use the same calendar to allow users to book? (I think you would need a second one)
How are you going to manage storing bookings, and managing the number of rooms available per date?

Support is here to help answer specific questions on using Fabrik, when you get into the realm of "how can I make site X" then that's no longer support but consulting which we would charge for.

I am also working on a booking system - though focusing on the database of customers first.

Happy to collaborate on the booking side of things though.

Not directly relevant to the design of a booking system, but just FYI, I'm working on a new version of the calendar viz which uses the rather excellent Full Calendar jQuery app, instead of us doing all the heavy lifting of building the entire calendar widget ourselves. It has reduced the Javascript by about 2000 lines, and made the whole thing a lot slicker, quicker and prettier. It'll also make adding new features in the future a lot easier - like stretching, dragging and dropping events to change their date/time.

I have the basics working, I'm just trying to free up some time to tidy it up and get the first cut committed to github.

Here's Full Calendar, if you haven't seen it before, just to whet your appetite ...

http://fullcalendar.io

-- hugh

Nice. Great for events.

But personally I will need a grid with rooms down the side and dates across the top.

Good news to hear about the calendar vis , i think we could customize at a point to make it fit to rooms and availability.

Can do a ground work for the starters, if app is not complicated though:

Code:
https://www.packtpub.com/books/content/building-calender-application-joomla-using-fabrik

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back