• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Notes Element - Additional Field?

Hi Hugh,

No I wasn't on it at the time you posted this. I see what you mean about the default... just a knowledge thing really but something else I've learned today :)

Ummmmm.... my site is completely broken :(((( I don't know whats happened. It was working fine when I left it yesterday :( Any ideas?

Seems your "client" table is missing in your DB.
Did you "empty trash" on a list using this table and accidentally set "Drop database table"=yes?

This won't help now but the next time:
Install Akeeba backup. You can create multiple profiles, e.g. "full backup" (the default) + "DB only" (really a small and quick backup), and define how many backups should be kept.

Before doing anything on the DB (modifying Fabrik elements, lists, Fabrik inline code..., menue items, Joomla content, data via Fabrik...) do a DB backup.
Before modifying files (Joomla update, component update, GitHub, modifying Fabrik script files...) do a full backup.

So you don't need to rely on any hosting service.
You can even trigger the Akeeba backups via server cron jobs.

This is good advice. Thank you. I've used akeeba before for saving out Joomla sites. I will do so once I get back to a working state.

Hi Hugh,

Well I'm back to where I started, but with a few improvements. Interesting the things you pick up and notice along the way. I love Fabrik... I just don't love my own knowledge level lol.

Many thanks too troester as I have implemented the Akeeba and seem to anxiously backing up the database every time I breathe!

I have come across a little problem due to the change. In the notes update I am using the following supplied (thank you) code
Code:
var status = Fabrik.getBlock('form_14').formElements.get('client___status').getValue();
Fabrik.getBlock('form_14').formElements.get('client___refnotes').field.value = "Status Changed To " + status;
Fabrik.getBlock('form_14').formElements.get('client___refnotes').submit(new Event.Mock('click'));

to get the status change appear in the notes section. This works well except now it displays the numerical id value of the status and not the label. I have tried various changes on the code but can only get it to display either the value... or the element name i.e.: statii___statusname . Thoughts? I'm sure its probably simple... but unfortunately, so am I lol.

So other than that little issue Sir Hugh of Fabrikar... whats next. How do I implement the id value number associated with each status in a report?

Cheers a lot
Terry

We're not going to do the JS thing any more, we're going with Rob's suggestion of a join table, and using a form submission script to enter the changes into that.

I'm trying to take it easy for a day or two over Thanksgiving ... not much luck so far, of course ... but I'll try and get to that as soon as I can.

-- hugh

Okay Hugh.... you do that resting thing...and rightly so. Very well deserved I'm sure :) Happy Thanksgiving!!! Not something I've ever celebrated coming from New Zealand, but I know it means a lot to those who, do so have a great time.

When you do return (hopefully rested, happy and full to the brim!) I look forward to your council. I would still like the status change logging to appear in the notes section, but perhaps you have another method in mind for that (this form submission script wizardry you speak of).

Once again Happy Thanksgiving! and chat later :)

Cheers
Terry

Hold everything... it seems there is a major issue with the site. I have to do a full reboot back to where I was two weeks ago :( I'll let you know when I've got it back to working :(

Hi Hugh :)

All the data I have been using is generated in the Client Referral Form (element parent). The data is then viewed by the Client Display list.

So we're wanting to record if the status is changed, right?

But the status element seems to be hidden on the Client Referral Form when editing it ... so not sure how it could change?

-- hugh

Whilst repairing various issues I have created, I have knocked up a pie chart by making up some data in columns that I would think would be automatically populated "somehow". I created a 'Status Count' column and a 'Status Number' and populated them manually in order to make the chart display kinda what I'm after. But this is all completely made up with playing around and no actual sense behind it other than the fact that it displays what I hoped to see. So ignore it completely :)

I have made a Reporting list but it doesn't have the other elements in it as it is in its own table. I was only playing trying to figure out how I would make it all work... I'm fairly sure I was on the wrong path.

If you'd like, I can remove all the Fabrik bits and pieces I'm not actually using?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back