• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Problem fileupload element in repeatable group

georgie

Hi

I have a problem with the fileupload element in a repeatable group.

Indeed, I can add a first group, with a picture in this fileupload field. I save, no problem.

I can also add a second group, with another picture. Perfect.

But when I add a third group, I have a very strange thing:
No problem for the third picture, I have the right path.
But the path of the second record (second picture) is replaced by the path of the first picture ! :confused:

Then, if I add a fourth picture (in a fourth group so), it is the way of the first picture which be replaced by the way of the third picture...
I think it is about a loop...

Do you know that ?

Thanks

PS : I use latest Joomla and Fabrik versions.

Hummm... You talk about my settings for this element ?

I do not use Ajax, but I have change some options settings.

I will try with other settings, maybe it is a bug related with one of theses settings.

I need other details ?

I was asking:

Code:
Is this using normal file uploads, or AJAX uploading?

So yes, I was asking about the settings for your upload element, whether you are using AJAX for uploading or not. the AJAX code handles uploading entirely differently.

OK, I'll test normal (non AJAX) uploading in a repeat group here, see if I can replicate a problem.

-- hugh

Which site / form is this on? I have two test lists, one has the issue, one doesn't, so I'd like to look at yours, to see what the non-working one has in common with yours.

-- hugh

Hi, ok thanks

- List: "Projets" in admin, id 80 - http://www.driihm.fr/projets
- Group concerned is called "Photographies" in front, in this form for example: http://www.driihm.fr/projets/form/80/437

Please note this group have another particular field called "Affichage de l'image" (calc element), beacause I try to do multisites. But I have try to unpublish this field, no changes. It seems to be not related.

Note also you will understand better my site if you log you in front with your simple user.

Thanks

Well, some progress, at least. It seems to happen when you have more than one repeat group with uploads in them. Now it's just a case of working out why ... *sigh*

-- hugh

Don't worry about trying to change anything at your end, this is a bug in our repeat join handling ... nothing you can do to fix it there, so don't risk messing anything up.

-- hugh

Nope, I'm still working on it. Spent about 8 hours on it so far. Fixed the issue with adding new groups, now trying t solve a problem with deleting existing groups. The problem is when you have more than one repeat group with an upload in it, and the processing gets extremely complex.

-- hugh

Ouch !

Ok, I understand, thanks for all !

So, if I understand, you have already improved. Just subsist a problem to deleting a group, Ok, I hope this will be solved !

Cheer up!

;)

Well I've been working on it solid since my last post (so 13 hours and counting) and finally made some progress. Need to do a few more tests of really nasty cases - like adding and deleting repeats at the same time, in multiple different repeated groups ....

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back