Open Omage in Blank window or popup modal

simplymint

How can i make the thumbnail for fileupload which appears in list view open in a popup modal, or new window _blank, currently the only option is Link to File which opens the image in the same browser tab.

I've set Mediabox as the default for the lightbox effect on your site (global Options, Javascript tab). Opens the full size image link in a modal popup.

-- hugh

thank you., Another quick question. currently the images are stored in an accessible folder, which can be scanned adn so if someone has the url of the image they can see it. how do we add these images to a folder which cant be seen using a url, only via logged in access?

Well, it's not really possible, just because of the way HTTP works. You can make it harder, by using the "obfuscate file name" option, which changes the filename to a random string on upload. Then you can set access controls on your list and/or the upload element so only logged on users can see the links. So although the images would still be accessible, it would be almost impossible for anyone without access to the list to guess the filenames.

The only other option is to use the "download script" option which hides even the filename, but that means the images won't display.

Hugh

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back