• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

If....Else - is this available in Fabrik? Plus, variables etc?

classixuk

Hi Everyone,

I created a Windows app without using any coding using a program called Neobook but now I need to remake it as a webapp to run on all devices. As my websites currently use Joomla I was wondering if Fabrik would be a good tool to use to recreate the app?

The app I have already made depends heavily on being able to do the following things:

1. Store user inputs as variables.
2. Query a database table to find the matching row to the variable (there will only be one matching row)
3. Use If...Else commands to select certain data from the row (e.g. If User entered Black, select the value in the column BlackSelected Else select the value in the column AllOtherColours. Store the query in variable named Result.
4. Use basic Maths to calculate the correct result. For example, If User RadioButton = Small MATH NewResult = (Result - 1) ELSE NewResult = Result.
5. Goto next page
6. Display the instructions - Your need a RESULT in size NEWRESULT.

I built the above app without any coding as I don't know PHP etc. Would I be able to do the same thing using Fabrik?

Many thanks.
Chris

Mostly, yes. You may need some very simple bits of custom code, like for 3 and 4, you'd need 'calc' elements with a line or two of PHP to figure the values to use. With a Standard sub, we can help you with that.

-- hugh

Thanks for the fast reply Hugh! :)
As I feel completely out of my depth with PHP, would there be any way I could perhaps speak with one you guys over Skype or something so that I could share my screen of the app I currently have built, show you the very basic coding that lies behind it and you can confirm if it can easily be built using Fabrik?
If the answer is yes, I'd be interested in working with you to actually rebuild the component in Fabrik for me (I'm time-short at the moment so don't really have time for the learning curve, whereas you guys are already familiar with Fabrik).
Let me know if this can be arranged?
Many thanks,
Chris

Of course!
If you can see the windows app via Skype perhaps you can give me an indication of what the budget would need to be?
I know it's very simple and wouldn't take long, but it would take me much longer to learn how to use Fabrik first before actually replicating the app if that makes sense?
I'm not sure how to PM or email from here to send you my details though?

Strange, I don't see it. That's the second person today said they sent me a contact request which I haven't gotten. What's your contact name?

-- hugh

Not received just yet, have also checked my spam. Are you sending via Outlook or direct from Gmail? Sometimes with Outlook it can take a while?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back