email plugin: easiest way to display data from other tables beside formdata

ArjanM

Hi,

I am struggeling with the email plugin. I want to send a confirmation mail after submitting the formdata. With placeholders I can use data from the form. But I also want to display linked data from a joined or other database. And offcourse I want to send a PDF, just with the data that has been submitted through the form.

Is there a more or less easy way to get this done? Or is it just PHP/HTML all the way? If yes, is there anyone who has an example which I could use? Please bear in mind that I am not a PHP programmer. I have seen some examples which are very hard to understand.

-- Arjan.

To get a PDF attachment with the form data just enable "Attach as PDF" in the plugin settings "Attachment".

To display data which is not in your form: depends on what you want

If you want to display e.g. a list with related data you can enable "Run Plugins" and include in "Message" something like

This is related data in list my-list:
{fabrik view=list id=17 my-list___fk-element=[rowid]}

I tried it, but I can not get the results I would like to see. I think this is because I am entering data in my generator-reservations list through the fullcalendar-view and the belonging form, but the generator-reservations are joined to the list with all the generators containing specifications and properties of the generators. And the elements in that list are joined to other lists (like for example the list with the different power-ratings for the generators. And I only get the ID-values, but not the real content of the fields as I would like. Only the form-data is being displayed in the output. Also, when I use the placeholder {generatoren_data___generator} in the subject I only get the ID and not the real description. Beneath the article-content with the placeholders. 'generatoren_data___' is the table with the generator-reservations, 'generatoren___' is the table with the generator-inventory

Generator: {generatoren_data___generator}

Vermogen: {fabrik view=element list=4 rowid=[rowid] element=generatoren___generator_power}

Synchronisatie: {fabrik view=element list=4 rowid=[rowid] element=generatoren___generator_synchronisation}

Geluidsniveau: {fabrik view=element list=4 rowid=[rowid] element=generatoren___generator_noiselevel}

Uitrusting: {fabrik view=element list=4 rowid=[rowid] element=generatoren___generator_equipment}

Extra materiaal: {fabrik view=element list=4 rowid=[rowid] element=generatoren___generator_material}

Aanvang: {generatoren_data___startdate}

Einde: {generatoren_data___enddate}

Adres werkzaamheden: {generatoren_data___address}

Aanvrager: {generatoren_data___applicant}

Uitvoerder: {generatoren_data___executor}

MSR: {generatoren_data___msr}

Project: {generatoren_data___projectnumber}

Activiteit: {generatoren_data___activity}

Thanks in advance for the help,

-- Arjan.

Oh man, did I sr*w up on this! I changed the link in Notes, not in the URL-field... I think I worked a little bit to much at night :) I changed the URL-field now, so you should be good to go...

-- Arjan.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back