"clear" button on a multipage form

Status
Not open for further replies.

susannanam

hello all,

i have a multipage form for registered users and i DO save the values when going to the next page in the session table. when i now reopen the form, it correctly shows me that i have already started the form and points immediately to the correct page. so far perfect. but if i now want to force a new record, i cannot find that "clear"button at all. only once i manually delete the record out of the session table, then it works again.

i have found a few threads here regarding this but they are from 2009... and i am not really sure now how to go on. as we do have an unstable internet connection in the rural area, we need to save the values and have made quite a few pages on purpose. so for me it is mandatory to either go back to the page where i previously interrupted data entry or to clear the form completely and start from scratch.

any hings please how i can go on to solve that?

thanks
susanne

I don't think we do currently have a way of manually clearing it. So few people ever used that feature, it has gathered cobwebs.

I have a vague memory of adding some code so if you used the "Reset" button that cleared a session, so try that.

-- hugh

thanks Hugh. it seems as nothing happens with the "reset" button. so you mean the only solution for now is to disable the "saving" with multipaging forms and registered users? :(

Depends how much work it looks like it would be to do that. I definitely have memories of trying to get it to work. It's do-able, just one of those things that is relevant to so few people (you are only the second person since we implemented the multi-page feature to ask for it) it's really hard to find / justify the time to do it on a subscription basis.

I'll take a look, and if it's not too much work, I'll do it.

-- hugh

thanks a lot Hugh... i am really sorry to bother you with that but for us it is very important as we often have unstable internet connection (especially in rural areas) and it is great if previous pages are saved :)

I think the easiest for now is to create my own "clear" button with some php where i quickly delete the session information (based on the userid). it works for me, so case closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back