Is the Twitter form plugin working?

Mustafa_s

I setup the Twitter form plugin as instructed. I have my API with consumer and secret keys, as well as ensuring the call back URL is set and lastly the permissions are set to read and write.

When I try to associate an account in the Fabrik twitter form plugin I get the following error:

Error: 0 - 400: Could not connect to Twitter. Refresh the page or try again later.

Anyone want to confirm if this is working?

It appears that the twitter library we have been using for a long time no longer works. I'm in the process of re-implementing the latest library (Abraham TwitterOAuth). I've pretty much got it going, just a few small kinks to work out. Should have a working version in github later tonight.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh but I'm just getting a "loading" message in the backend after doing a full github and clearing cache.

26XecaS.png

Ooops, yeah, sorry, a screw up committing to github. It added the new twitteroauth folder as a sub-module instead of the files themselves. I'm working on it.

-- hugh

Hmm..

I had a saved version of the form plugin set already, I deleted it, saved the form, closed the form, then re-opened the form and trying to add the Twitter form plugin again but getting the "loading" message still.

Is there a DB entry I may need to delete maybe?

Hugh you're right, there is am error when I load the console:

Fabrik pluginmanager addPlugin ajax failed: [object XMLHttpRequest]
fabrik-min.js:2 Fabrik Request Queue: 500 Internal Server Error

OK, can you set error reporting to maximum in J!'s global config, then look at the response tab for the AJAX call that fails. It should have a PHP error in it.

-- hugh

I get Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/domain/public_html/domain.com/plugins/fabrik_form/twitter/twitter.php on line 122

Ah, you must have PHP 5.3.x, which doesn't support the [] syntax for arrays. I've changed them to the old array() style.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/d8a1f2892cfd062555bdda6f8e70124b6cd12cf2

... but I suspect that this won't help, and the new version of the TwitterOAuth library we're using won't work, as I think it uses 5.4+ syntax for arrays internally.

Regardless of this specific issue, you should seriously look at upgrading. 5.3.x is getting very old - it was "end of lifed" by PHP.org in 2014, and is no longer supported. We're currently working on PHP 7 compatibility for Joomla / Fabrik. You are going to find more and more things breaking as more coders no longer write code for such old versions.

I know this breaks our theoretical minimum PHP version of 5.3.10 (or rather, Joomla's), but the recommended minimum for J! is 5.6. And this TwitterOAuth lib is the only game in town, so we don't have much choice but to use it.

Actually, someone just pointed out to me that Akeeba have just said they are going to be dropping support for 5.3 ... this is from their latest release notes ...

"Please note that PHP 5.3 is obsolete since August 2014 and we're going to stop supporting it without warning in future versions of our software"

... so if you use Akeeba to backup, upgrading PHP is going to be a necessity.

-- hugh

Hugh, that answer why it doesn't work, you're right I'm using an older version. I'll make it my priority to upgrade to the latest version, thanks.

Side note, can you please check your PMs regarding the other project we worked on please?

Hugh I upgraded to PHP 5.4+ and the form plugin now loads, I can see the information loading. Having said that, there are now these issues FYI:

1) After having filled the form plugin details (twitter key and secret key) and clicking on the "sign in twitter" icon, a pop-up appears asking to confirm if I would like to authorize my website to use the twitter app, I click "authorize app", the window then loads the following screen:

sUtwl2w.png

2) After I close the pop-up above, I click save and close my form.

3) I go to my back-end and edit (I set the plugin to use back-end /edit) and click edit on a record, then save the record. This then redirects me to the following screen:

sXAPv6o.png

4) I click on "Authorize App" again, which then redirects me to the following screen:

3vhlWu2.png

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back