[BUG] Date Element is not working with d/m/Y Form Format

tali

Hi,

Fabrik3.4.2 + GitHub update to day
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.8 Stable

When the format is Y-m-d it works great.

When the Form Format is d/m/Y :
- 08/11/2011 is stored as 2013-08-11 00:00:00
- 23/11/2011 is stored as 0000-00-00 00:00:00

Looks like there is a missing conversion : Fabrik always reads the input as Y-m-d format
therefore, 23-11-2011 is a nonsense.

How (and where) correct this ?

What exact settings cause this. I just set up a test list with two dates, formatted two dates as Y-m-d and d/m/Y, and they work OK ...

http://screencast.com/t/cq6HpOZKT

However, with the date element, the devil is in the details. So I need to know exactly how to configure all the options to tickle this issue.

-- hugh

Thank you for trying and showing a screencast.

Here you will find what I have
dateformat.png

All other parameters, apart the List and Form format both to Y-m-d in the first case, d/m/Y in the second.
The only difference I get from the screen cast is that at the precise time you click the save button you have for a second
dash-slash-date.png

As I did not see that on my site, I searched how I could have it.
And found!

I only had an Apply button, for I want to control the flow depending on the input data in the AfterProcess event .

What is strange is that when I show the Save button, everything works properly, even when I click the Apply button.

For a rather weird bug, I use for now a weird solution : have the Save button shown, but display it to none with css.

So, I you want to replicate the bug, you may repeat the screencast with only the button Apply.

Fabrik was just updated from J! before these tests.

I'm glad it helped.
Even if I found a workaround, I submitted it because of any possible other side effects.

Thank you for the correction.

However, as I applied today's .ZIP by copying it to the server, I got a 500 Internal Server Error.
Applying back last firday's .ZIP made this Error disappear.
So I'll wait a few days before I test the correction.

I've done several full updates from github to client sites in the last 24 hours with no problem. I suspect it was something specific to your site.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back