• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Bugs with Ajax files upload (a limited number of files are show)

Hi,

I have 2 big bug with the Ajax fileupload plugin element.

I use Joomla 3.4.8 and today before editing this report I updated the website with the last Fabrik github and the bugs still exists.

1) Somes files doesn't appear after saving (in list, form and detail view)

I can upload multiple files (ex. 32 files, 25 meg for all the files) and saved them. If I look in phpMyAdmin all the files will appear in the repeat table.

If I go in List and Detail view, I'll only see 16 files. When I go in the form view I have 17 files, but the last files are corrupt. The last files name will be trunk or it will show a dot... and if I put my mouse over the file, the path will also be trunk or it will look something like that :
http://www.mysite.com/media/JMC_Documents/607/Climatisation14.pdf//
http://www.mysite.com/media/JMC_Documents/6
http://www.mysite.com/medi .

I'm able to reproduce this bug by uploading one file or with two files upload and more...

When I save again I'll stay with 17 files.

2) If a client send a file with an apostrophe ( Ex : "GG Echangeur d'air.pdf" ). The client will will not receive any explanation and the files will not be save... it's really confusing for the client. The apostrophe should be renaming with an underscore.

Let me know if your team need anything else to reproduce or solve this issues.

Attachments

• fabrik elements.png
    fabrik elements.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 384
  • fabrik fileupload element1.png
    fabrik fileupload element1.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 535
  • fabrik fileupload element Display.png
    fabrik fileupload element Display.png
    77 KB · Views: 427
  • fabrik fileupload element Ajax uploads.png
    fabrik fileupload element Ajax uploads.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 416
  • fabrik fileupload element Form.png
    fabrik fileupload element Form.png
    73 KB · Views: 423
Setting Enable Big Selects should definitely fix the multiple files thing (it actually gives this exact example in the tooltip). MySQL's default max length for a GROUP_CONCAT(), which is how we group the file names into a single select field for rendering, is 1024 characters. I've thought about defaulting that setting to "yes", although that wouldn't affect existing installs.

I'll look at the apostrophe thing.

-- hugh

I can't replicate the apostrophe issue. It uploads OK, correctly replaces it with an _, and shows up on the list after submitting. the only thing that doesn't happen, is the visible filename in the upload widget doesn't reflect the change when it initially uploads.

@troester - can you replicate this?

-- hugh

@troester - can you replicate this?
Jein.
It's ok when uploading with the fileupload button ( ' replaced with _ ) but not if directly submitting (file is gone after submit).

BTW: with Purity_III the delete button in the fileupload box is missing

to 1) Try to set "Enable big selects"=yes in Fabrik Options/Global.
Thanks Troester this solves the first bug.

I still have the second one. I've tried with .jpg and .pdf with the word "don't". This time when I click save I get, in chrome, a pop-up telling me "http error". In phpMyAdmin the element will not appear.

My client told me that ? is not working, but I can't replicate. If I send ?????????.pdf file I will get this __________________.pdf so he's probably confusing with another extension. Just to push the thing I just try with ?????????!@$%&()_+.pdf and it's working fine... I only get it with the apostrophe " ' "

When the time will come to a second edition of this plugin ... Instead of underscore it would probably be best to switch accentuate words to non accentuate . French folk and their clients will definitely like this feature!

Yup, we have a similar issues with a Chinese user uploading files with Chinese character sets, that get changed to all underscores. The problem is that character set conversion is not a trivial thing. However, it is on our radar.

I'll check the direct submit issue. Didn't test that earlier as I'm just in the habit of hitting the 'upload' button before submitting.

-- hugh

Totally strange, same here.
Same browser tab as tonight (+ additionally an other browser with cache cleared) and I can't replicate now (nor with "Save" nor with direct upload).
The only thing I've done was to check out Fabrik3.4.2 tag for testing something else and then check out the last version again.

Edit: seems I have seen it again - but I don't know exactly what's the difference... browser cache disabled in dev tools? Protostar/Purity? Order of uploaded files?

I've tried it a few times, still can't get it to fail. Tried uploading multiple files, deleting and uploading in the same submit ... grrr ...

-- hugh

ok, I have one replicatable scenario
- it doesn't depend on the filename
- if you delete one file via the ajax box and then directly add a new one and "Save" (no "upload") then the new file is gone

I'm working on it locally where I can debug the code. I'll follow up here as and when I figure it out and fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back