• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

change element parameters programmatically

susannanam

hi all,

i would like to set "show in list" and "hidden" to yes or no, based on a selection that the customer does (by a radio button).
it is not about showing in the form while filling it in but the settings shall be done in the element setup so that whenever the list is opened, it shows accordingly.

the customer can at any time change those settings in the frontend by changing the choice of the radio buttons.

is that somehow possible?
thanks
susanne

Basically you can do it only by creating a separate group for settings within the same form. Then, in this group you can use for example a radiobutton element with some element javascript settings (this is the tool for hide/show etc other elements onload/onclick/...).

For list display you can also use the "Toggle columns" feature (in list Details/Filters).

hmm... toggle columns, good idea, can i toggle them programmatically? it has to happen automatically, based on the said setting that is stored in the table. so that every user can have a different setting and they need to see different columns when they open the list.

Basically you can do it only by creating a separate group for settings within the same form. Then, in this group you can use for example a radiobutton element with some element javascript settings (this is the tool for hide/show etc other elements onload/onclick/...).
i have used that before yes, but does it work in a list?

can i toggle them programmatically?
I don't know, it's JS.
I would use a custom list template, in default_row.php and default_headings.php something like
Code:
$skip-element1 = true/false....; (I don't know where you get your user-radio-elements from)
//inside the foreach:
if ($heading == 'full-element-name-to-skip1' && $skip-element1 ) {continue;}

In default_headings.php it's
if ($key == 'full-element-name-to-skip1'....

I don't know, it's JS.
I would use a custom list template, in default_row.php and default_headings.php something like
Code:
$skip-element1 = true/false....; (I don't know where you get your user-radio-elements from)
//inside the foreach:
if ($heading == 'full-element-name-to-skip1' && $skip-element1 ) {continue;}

In default_headings.php it's
if ($key == 'full-element-name-to-skip1'....

thanks troester, good idea... i have no clue about JS but i will play around and google and see how it goes :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back