Advice needed on a site-wide EULA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcranford

I'm looking for advice on setting up a site-wide End User License Agreement (EULA). Our website has both a marketing side and a registered user side. We have several levels of registered users for each organization that signs with us with the top level being a "manager" for the registered organization. Manager in this context is an officer of the organization that has the authority to approve a EULA. I would like to setup a EULA on the registered user side that:
  • Blocks ALL registered users from using registered services within the organization until the "manager" agrees to the EULA for their org.
  • Once the "manager" agrees, ALL registered users can then use our services.
  • Implementation will probably be using Fabrik but doesn't have to be limited to that.
We're using J! 3.5.1 and F 3.4

Thanks!

How do you set up the different user/organization groups - do the users belong to different Joomla user groups?

You can do group and/or access level management via a php form plugin which will run if the manager is approving the EULA.

I don't know what you will need for further actions: you could have one "EULA-Approved" group or access level for all users or one extra group/accesslevel for every organization...

Hey troester,
Yup, different groups per user type. I like your idea of "EULA-Approved"! I think the path I'm going to go down is to create a form that all users are redirected to upon logon and (as you say) use PHP to force the EULA upon the manager and block the rest until that is done.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back