• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Problems after updated Joomla 3.6 and Fabrik 3.5. Urgent Help please!!!

Hi Troester,

I did exactly as that and there are js issues on my localhost version on one form... /index.php/pt/profissionais-saude/candidaturas

I would appreciate if fabrik support debug this version that is placed on:
/Backups/site-localhost-20160819-233503.jpa

I think that is only necessary to debug the mentioned form (/index.php/pt/profissionais-saude/candidaturas)

Can you please help me?

OK, I installed that site locally.

The only JS error I see on that page is nothing to do with Fabrik, it's your 'googletagmanager' plugin, which is trying to include a JS file using an absolute path, so doesn't work if your J! is in a subfolder. That causes a knock-on error a few lines later when it tries to run code form the file that didn't get included. And that short-circuits Fabrik 'cos our JS never gets to run.

So edit ./plugins/system/googletagmanager/googletagmanager.php, line 31 ...

Code:
            $document->addScript('plugins/system/googletagmanager/js/scroll-tracker.js');

... and remove the leading / from the path.

What else do I need to look at?

-- hugh

Hugh,

I've did remove the leading / from the path and the following problems persist:

On form /index.php/pt/profissionais-saude/candidaturas...

• If you click to edit the any list record the JS is hiding elements based on "categoria" value as supposed. But when in form view JS is not working properly because is showing all the elements
  • Also the map element when viewing or editing any record it appears for a few seconds and than retrieves the error "Ups ! Error occurred. This page has not properly loaded Google Maps. See JavaScript Console to Get Technical Details"

On form /index.php/pt/profissionais-saude/colaboradores...
  • Get the following error on top of the list:
    • "Notice: Undefined variable: nconduta_text in C:\xampp\htdocs\plugins\fabrik_element\calc\calc.php(367) : eval()'d code on line 14"
    • This error is related to the php code I'm using in the calc element "doc_em_falta", but in the previous version works ok!
  • In the list when I click in the data of the column "Nome" the Custom link does not work (the link refers to .../candidaturas form view records)
Do you experience these same anomalies? What can be done to correct them?

Last edited:
If you click to edit the any list record the JS is hiding elements based on "categoria" value as supposed. But when in form view JS is not working properly because is showing all the elements

Not sure what you mean. Editing a record *is* form view. Do you mean detail view?

Please give me EXACT steps to replicate issues. "is not working properly" doesn't tell me anything. Tell me which row to view, what element should / shouldn't show, which element the JS should be on, etc. PLEASE remember I know nothing about your site, it's complex, and the more details you can give me on exactly what and how to test the better.

Also the map element when viewing or editing any record it appears for a few seconds and than retrieves the error "Ups ! Error occurred. This page has not properly loaded Google Maps. See JavaScript Console to Get Technical Details"

You have to supply a Google Maps API key, as of a few months ago. It's a change in Google's policy. Set it in the Fabrik global options.

Get the following error on top of the list:
  • "Notice: Undefined variable: nconduta_text in C:\xampp\htdocs\plugins\fabrik_element\calc\calc.php(367) : eval()'d code on line 14"
  • This error is related to the php code I'm using in the calc element "doc_em_falta", but in the previous version works ok!
That's just an error in your code. It probably didn't show up before because you didn't have error reporting set to maximum, so notices didn't show.

You only set $nconduta_text if $nconduta is '0' ...

Code:
if ($nconduta == '0'){$nconduta_text ='? Normas de Conduta ';}

... but then you use $nconduta_text regardless later on in the code ...

Code:
$doc_falta = $nconduta_text . $cert_hab_text . $ced_prof_text . $resp_civil_renov_text ;

... so if $nconduta isn't '0', it never $nconduta_textgets assigned, so you get the "Undefined variable" notice.

You need to assign it a value (like an empty string) when it isn't 0 ...

Code:
$nconduta_text = $nconduta == '0' ? '? Normas de Conduta ' : '';

... so it's defined when you use it later on. Same for those other variables you are setting up.

• In the list when I click in the data of the column "Nome" the Custom link does not work (the link refers to .../candidaturas form view records)

You hard coded a fully qualified link in your 'custom link' on that element, with http://yoursite.com prepended, to a different site. Which a) is going to the wrong site, and b) won't work because browsers won't let you do cross site browsing via AJAX. Just remove every before index.php, so it's a relative link to the same site the page is on. The link will then get automatically SEF'ed by Fabrik, by running it through J!'s JRoute::_() method.

-- hugh

Hugh,

Thanks you for helping me ;)

About the form /index.php/pt/profissionais-saude/candidaturas, the issue is that when in edit mode or detail view (for any row in the list) the JS that is behind the element "categoria" is not hiding all the elements configured to do so... but I just found the problem... Don't know why the majority of JS items in element "categoria" disappeared from my local installation!

It's not the first time that I have to rebuild JS behind elements, or plug-ins behind forms because they simply disappear. Is this a known issue?

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Not that I'm aware of, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

OK, I'm going to have to draw a line under this here. I've gone way beyond "Standard" support on this, so if you need more support, we're going to have to ask you to bump up to Pro, or treat it as a custom job.

-- hugh

Hugh,

I've updated my live site to Joomla last version and Fabrik master from GitHub and now I can say for sure that something is wrong with Fabrik 3.5.

Please see the following detail view:

http://www.fisiolar.pt/index.php/pt/profissionais-saude/candidaturas/details/3/1965

Knowing that the element 'categoria' when = "Enfermagem" = 16(raw) (http://www.fisiolar.pt/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=element&layout=edit&id=586)

If you look into my JS config for the element 'categoria' (see attached img) you'll see as an example that I have... on load: when element "caregoria" != "16", hide group "Candidaturas (Experi?ncia Fisioterapia)"...

... And you can see that this group that corresponds to the Label " N?vel de Experi?ncia Adquirida em Fisioterapia" is not hiding on load!

In Fabrik previews versions this was ok, so something has changed!

I perfectly understand your concern about my used credits for standard support. Nevertheless this is the issue that generated this thread and continues without resolution, that's way I humbly ask for your help on debugging one last time this detail view to find what is conflicting with the changes done on the last Fabrik version.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    61 KB · Views: 243
Hugh,

I've just subscribed professional support. I've found more bugs within my site and I need more close assistance. I need you to debug all my lists and forms to find existing problems or incompatibilities with other extensions. I really admire Fabrik for all the existing capabilities, but said for the lack of consistency that it has - It doesn't seams normal all the time I upgrade Fabrik a lot of issues in functions that previously had no bugs start to occur. I know that it's not easy... Fabrik have a lot of lines of code and dependencies ... and probably all the bugs are happening specially on my case because of an incompatibility or incorrect coding of some kind that I use and I need your help to find.

So.... the site is live for debug, but if you prefer I can do an Akeeba full backup for offline debug.

Main problems detected (this list will be updated once more issues are found):

1. Described on my previews post
  2. List http://www.fisiolar.pt/index.php/pt/tarefa (online version) not opening and retrieving "syntax error, unexpected end of file"
    1. List /index.php/pt/tarefas (Akeeba backup on your side) filters and php plugins do not work,
  3. Auto fill in form http://www.fisiolar.pt/index.php/pt/tratamentos-fisioterapia/form/11/ for the element name "valor_fisiot" is not working
  4. List http://www.fisiolar.pt/index.php/pt/sessoes-de-tratamento-secretariado/pacotes-de-sessoes not opening (Warning: Header may not contain more than a single header, new line detected in...)
  5. Filter trigger on change not working for any list - see as example: http://www.fisiolar.pt/index.php/pt/contactos/contactos-inbound
  6. In Fabrik administrator forms page (http://www.fisiolar.pt/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=forms) there are 4 pages of forms when only 2 are needed.
I appreciate your immediately help in correcting this live issues and just then do a global site check and debug. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Friendly Bump.

Please I need this ASAP. Thanks

Pro support gets you one working day response, one issue at a time. If you need instant support, and bumping threads within 3 hours, we would have to work this as an hourly billed custom project.

I need you to debug all my lists and forms to find existing problems or incompatibilities with other extensions

Nope, that isn't within the scope of subscription support. If you report issues, we'll fix them.

-- hugh

Ok Hugh... I understand.

Yes is the same site you have on your side.

Can I update #50 with new found issues or is allays better to introduce new post?

For now let's keep everything on this thread.

Just FYI, I haven't forgotten about you, I'm working on the filtering issue on the tarefa list.

-- hugh

Last edited:
What I see on that link is a MySQL error to do with an ORDER By statement, which was fixed in github recently.

That list works on my copy of your site.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back