• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Fabrik Bootstrap3 incompatibility issues after upgrade to J.3.6.2 & F.3.5

rtrauer

Hi,
I?m using Fabrik since Joomla 1.5, passed many upgrade problems, and today my website is growing in complexity and features based on Fabrik. And here I must say it?s a great tool but also can give you a huge overload in trying to solve problems when things don?t work as they should.
Unfortunately every time there is an upgrade it involve template issues and therefore Fabrik is not easy to upgrade, since it is toooooo much dependent on the template or javascripts.
Incompatibility issues from Bootstrap 2 to Bootsrap 3 are behind that.
I?m using a Hellix3 framwork based template since it is so easy and nice to customize and to get the content right were you want and how you want. So it?s worth trying to use it.
I could workaround many incompatibility issues so far.

But I?m stuck somewhere behind Fabrik upgrades since each time I test new versions things go really bad.
My Fabrik running version is 3.3.3 and after that some github upgrades and then I give up upgrading.
Upgrading now to newer versions + bootstrap 3 layouts results in the following issues.
  • CascadingDropDown - stop following watching element changes
  • Hiding and Showing elements javascripts - stop working
  • Yes/No or Checkboxes render incorrectly
  • Multipage forms are something that I had to workaround, since they don?t work as they should.
  • Fileupload element is not rendered correctly.
  • And probably many other Javascript related features.
So, my point here is:
I noticed that there are many problems related to bootstrap3 incompatibility issues that require much of Fabrik code to be adapted. Layout overrides are messing up with javascript and ajax so it?s limited in resolving problems. Element size, position are not really compatible to bootstrap3. Responsive tempates behave better when no old span grid is used, and the list is huge to mention here.

Is there a chance that Fabrik team will start a dedicated version for bootstrap3 based websites ?
Or is there a nice template with a flexible framwork that you will stick to and officially recommend, and please other than the poor protostar ?

I?m happy to contribute with this effort and to keep supporting Fabrik Team.
Regards,

I presume you applied the bs3 overrides:

https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

But yeah, Helix 3 has some issues. I installed it on my main test site last week, and have at least identified the main things that need attention.

Fabrik is always going to be sensitive to templates, and it's a never ending task, as there are so many different frameworks out there, and Fabrik is obviously VERY display heavy.

I'm happy to help sort out the Helix 3 issues, especially if you have the skillset to help with the nitty gritty stuff.

-- hugh

Hi Cheesegrits,
yes I installed bs3 overrides.
I?m not sure what are the skillset you need from me, but I have a medium level in php, myqls and html5. I?m not so good in javascript, since I love when fabrik does the trick, but that?s something I?m spending my little free time studying, mainly to be able to use jcode.

So, how can we move on ?

Regards,
rtrauer

Well, first I want to figure out why some stuff you mentioned as broken works OK for me in Helix 3 ...

• Hiding and Showing elements javascripts - stop working
  • Yes/No or Checkboxes render incorrectly
Both of which work fine for me ...

http://screencast.com/t/ng5AV2SP

Can you point me at a form where these are broken for you?

Also, if you can make sure you My Sites is up to date, and either give me an ftp account, or install exTplorer, so I can edit code.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, I?m double checking as well, and would like to send you a file with all details and links so that you can see on my test website as well.
Thanks,
rtrauer

Rather than using a text file on your server, can you post the specific issues here, as I can't respond / annotate on that text document, it's just waaaay easier to keep everything on the forums.

I also noticed some other wird stuff at backend while editing fabrik objects
* Fabrik Edit List > plug-ins > Add button is not working.
* Fabrik Edit Form > plug-ins > Add button is not working.
* Fabrik Edit Element > Validations > Add button is not working
* Fabrik Edit Element > JavaScript > Add button is not working

These all work for me on the nuovo site ..

http://screencast.com/t/dTMmLLMSDiQ

Can you clear your browser cache to make sure you don't have any cached JS (in Chrome, best way is to open Dev Tools with ctrl-shift-I, then right clickon the normal reload button, and "Clear cache and hard reload").

Once you've done that, re-evaluate the other JS / rendering issues, and see if that fixed anything else.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
Yes, you?re right I totally forgot to clear chrome cache, and now
* CascadingDropDowns -> OK
* Fabrik Edit List > plug-ins > Add button OK
* Fabrik Edit Form > plug-ins > Add button OK
* Fabrik Edit Element > Validations > Add button OK
* Fabrik Edit Element > JavaScript > Add button OK

Sorry for that.
I will test further other things...

Google Map Visualization
I added the api key, but not sure if the api key is right or what else is blocking records to be shown on map.
There are several api key types.
I tryed with browser key and server key type and none of them is working to plot map elements on the map. I added the api keys to My Site infos

Any idea what could be wrong ?

thanks

Last edited:
Google Map Visualization
I added the api key, but not sure if the api key is right or what else is blocking records to be shown on map.
There are several api key types.
I tryed with browser key and server key type and none of them is working to plot map elements on the map. I added the api keys to My Site infos

Any idea what could be wrong ?

thanks

The reason your icons weren't showing is that you had "Include in list query" (under List Settings of element settings) of the map element set to "No". Not sure if this is something you set, or is just an artifact of updating from an earlier version of Fabrik.

Anyway, when an element isn't displayed in the list, if you set "Include in list query" to "No", then it won't get included in the main list getData query. The option is there to optionally speed up rendering of lists. But obviously you need that map element in the query when rendering a map.

The API key you need is the browser key.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
It?s really nice to have this feature working again.
I would never think that the list options would interfere in displaying the map element, and it seems obvious only after your explanation. This would be really nice to have mention in the Wiki as well !
Thank you so much !

Hi Hugh,
There are 2 issues that I would kindly ask you to look at:
one is the multipage form that is not displayed as multipage, and is showing all pages with no previous / next nav buttons.
second is the fileupload element not displaying correctly.
You can see that in testsite/component/fabrik/form/26/10?Itemid=266
and in production site(same path) you will see the solution that I found.
I had to customize fileupload element and created a bootstrap tab template to sort out the missing prev/next buttons.
I presume that this is related to bs3 template that I choose.

Thanks,
rtrauer

Hi Hugh,
I updated our production site to latest Fabrik version + github.
Then I had to customize fileupload template override to avoid layout conflicts and also the javascript

in fileupload.js I modified line 537 addClass('span6 plupload_file_name')
to addClass('span5 plupload_file_name')
because it sums up 13 span?s rather then 12 in one line, resulting in the "x" for file exclusion to move to next line.
I mad the same in fileupload-min.js

The modifications in fabrik-element-fileupload-widget.php where greater
I had to remove everything "canvas" related and also had to adjust the first table column to be 90%, otherwise the filename and upload status are displaying in a small column.

You can see the result of this modifications in our production site that I upgraded to latest Fabrik version.
I moved the previous version to old.iluflex.com.br
In novo.iluflex.com.br you can see the original Fabrik version, with the problems in the fileupload element.

Regards,
rtrauer

Hi Hugh,
It?s really nice to have this feature working again.
I would never think that the list options would interfere in displaying the map element, and it seems obvious only after your explanation. This would be really nice to have mention in the Wiki as well !
Thank you so much !

Feel free to edit the wiki. It's a wiki. :)

wi?ki
?wik?/
noun
  1. a website that allows collaborative editing of its content and structure by its users

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
There are 2 issues that I would kindly ask you to look at:
one is the multipage form that is not displayed as multipage, and is showing all pages with no previous / next nav buttons.
second is the fileupload element not displaying correctly.
You can see that in testsite/component/fabrik/form/26/10?Itemid=266
and in production site(same path) you will see the solution that I found.
I had to customize fileupload element and created a bootstrap tab template to sort out the missing prev/next buttons.
I presume that this is related to bs3 template that I choose.

Thanks,
rtrauer

Which page / form is the multipage issue on?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back