Problem with 'allow user selection': update column list plugin

uktran

Since updating to 3.5, and updating from github a few days ago, the 'allow user selection' feature of the update column list plug in seems to be broken for me.

Can anybody else replicate the problem, or is it more likely to be something unique to my install?

Can you be more specific about "broken"? It seems to work O for me, although I did fix an issues yesterday with autocomplete fields.

-- hugh

All the mechanics work. I can choose a field, enter a new value. Click save. But the data is not edited and remains the same.

If this is working for you I'll see if I can look at the debug screen or similar

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 16.11.45.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 16.11.45.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 182
As I said, I found a problem with field elements that were set to "autocomplete" for filtering, but that's fixed as of yesterday.

Can you point me at the page?

-- hugh

Hi I just updated from github, and just wondering if anyone else has reported the same problem. And also my site is registered only and wondering best way to share.

Also wondering how to reactivate my subscription!

I think I've seen also issues with the update_col at some point but it's ok with the recent GitHub.

What are your exact plugin settings?

The settings are all default except for 'allow user selection' which is set to yes.

I've sent a link to a list with all public settings in converstions

It seems you didn't select any element in the plugin settings (User selectable elements) - there's no element in the user's update dropdown.

Although the tooltip says "If allowing user selection, you may optionally specify the elements they can select from here. If no selection is made here, all elements will be available to the user to update"
it seems you have to select the elements.

Ah sorry, I was playing around with it tryign to make it work.

I have enabled the elements in the drop down of the list plugin now.

I used to use the user select option in both states on different lists before, (selected elements, or the default choose from all elements).

this was prior to upgrading to 3.2. But now can't make it work in either. Github is about a week old now.

hmm...
Did you try with list ajaxfied?

(On my site it's working with both)
this was prior to upgrading to 3.2
Upgrading what? Which exact Joomla and Fabrik version are you running?

Everything looks fine on the front end, it's showing the popup and submitting, it's just not updating the data. Which means I'll need to debug it on the server side, which really means getting an Akeeba copy of your site, and setting it up for xdebug here. Which incurs a cost.

You mentioned in your PM that you are willing to pay, so I'll respond in PM.

-- hugh

I did but in order to try and diagnose the problem I installed a fresh copy and did the absolute minimum and still the problem persists so I fear it must be something to do with my server.

So basically I installed Joomla, installed fresh fabrik, uploaded from github, created a single list activated the plug in, and still the same problem. I could send over a clone but not sure how much use it would be as it is all factory settings?

Funny that it worked before, something must be clashing. Could it be htaccess or something?

It's strange.

I had on the site I mentioned in my thread different update-cols, all with user select:
One update-col not working -> it was ok after deleting the unpublished php plugin sitting "before" it
An other list with one update-col working instantly (I think;))
An other list with only one new update-col, not working - which started working after I resaved it (I think I also opened the Update/Select popup and made sure that there was no (empty) entry - I can't remember if there was one).

So it seems to be a bit random.

Spoke to soon I'm afraid.

It's working for one field at a time, but fails if you try and update a couple of fields at once.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_arry() in ----removed---/plugins/fabrik_list/update_col/update_col.php on line 162

Ooops, I can't spell is_array(). I've committed a fix for that. You can either do a github update, or just fix it by hand ... edit that file, line 162, change is_arry is is_array.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back