Geocode Button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Wall

Hi

Since the new Google requirements to have an API key I have tried unsuccessfully to re-establish a Google map showing locations pulled from a table that had previously been working really well. It uses an online form to fill the address and the geocode button. Through my Google account where the site was already registered for search purposes, I enabled and obtained both Static Map API and JavaScript API keys and set credentials to my site. I tried both keys one at a time in the Fabrik options field and apart from ensuring I was using the latest versions of Joomla and Fabrik changed nothing else on the site. Neither work - the geocode button seems totally unresponsive - nothing at all happens. Are others having a similar problem or is there a known bug?

Also in the Fabrik options field I am unsure whether to include the text API Key= as well as the actual key though I am assuming one just enters the key.

Any help would be much appreciated as I manage the site on a voluntary basis for a registered Charity as a self taught (not an IT professional) person

Thanks in advance
Joe

Hugh
Thank you for responding
The form and menu item to it are restricted to registered users so I have sent an email to admin with a temporary username and password.

Joe

Ah, looks like you got bitten by an issue where I'd accidentally added a custom JS file to a build.

Use your ftp client, go to ./components/com_fabrik/js, and delete any form_X.js files that you didn't create (which is probably all of them).

-- hugh

Hugh
Many thanks for looking at this - I did as you suggested and it works perfectly again. Let me know next time you come to the UK as I would like to buy you a drink.
Will close this thread now
Joe

I do make it back occasionally. I'm an ex-pat Brit. When I do visit, I'm usually around the Cambridge / Saffron Walden area (where my sons live), or up near Stirling (Scotland) where my Mum lives.

-- hugh

I have retired to the South coast - near Dover but have lots of friends and family we visit between here and the Scottish Boarders so you never know - let me know when you are next over

Best Wishes
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back