• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Error when instaling fabrik 3.5.1 on Joomla 3.6.5

Hi. i try to install fabrik package to my joomla 3.6.5 (i have made migration of my site with joomla 2.5 to 3.6.5)
I get an error:
Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file.
JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist /var/www/html/cc.joomla3a/tmp/install_587e7be674c6b/packages/install_587e7bea09067/admin/header.php
Component Update: Failed to copy administrator files.
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_fabrik_3.5.1.zip

Error
Error installing package

---------------------------
It is the same when i try install fabrik from:
I try this install fabrik on 2 copies of my site.
Is always the same.
I have no idea what can be wrong.
can i get any advice?

When try again on the same site with joomla instalation i get:

Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`' at line 1 SQL=DROP INDEX IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`;
Extension Update: SQL error processing query: DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`' at line 1 SQL=DROP INDEX IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`;
SQL =
DROP INDEX IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`;
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_fabrik_3.5.1.zip

Error
Error installing package

----------------------
when try once again more i get also:
Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`' at line 1 SQL=DROP INDEX IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`;
Extension Update: SQL error processing query: DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`' at line 1 SQL=DROP INDEX IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`;
SQL =
DROP INDEX IF EXISTS showinsummary ON `#__fabrik_elements`;

Error
Error installing package

What version are you upgrading from?

Can you check in your #__schemas table, and find the row that coresponds to the extension ID for com_fabrik (you may need to look at the #__extensions table as well). Make sure it is set to 3.4 or 3.5 (or whatever version you are updating from).

The problem there is that I kinda messed up and put that "DROP INDEX" in the SQL update code, but it's only available in later versions of MySQL. But ... that code shouldn't even try and run unless you are updating from an old version, prior to 3.4. And it seems that some sites, the #__schemas table wasn't getting updated properly (because of issues with the J! updater code), so Fabrik thinks it's updating from a much earlier version.

-- hugh

BTW, I'm in the process of building 3.5.2, which will hopefully be released later tonight.

So best bet would be to just wait a day ...

-- hugh

I am upgrading fabrik from 3.0.9. I upgrated Joomla 2.5 to 3.5.6 and this was everything OK.
Is wrong with fabrik.
I have on my working site still Joomla 2.5 and fabrik 3.0.9. This includes a much of menu items with fabrik list and form and it is not fast to migrate to new system.

On database bccjoomla3a before installation fabrik was ---- fabrik version 3.0.6 --- like on screenshot Zaznaczenie_001.png
in table `ccjom_extensions` i have field `extension_id` with value '10040' and field `name`= Fabrik and field `element`='com_fabrik'

On database bccjoomla3a after trying installation of fabrik is --- also 3.0.6 like on screenshot Zaznaczenie_002.png

Is your suggestion i should make upgrade on clean-copy-database-bcccjoomla3a - i.e. before fabrik installation and change 3.0.6 to 3.0.9 ?

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_001.png
    Zaznaczenie_001.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Zaznaczenie_002.png
    Zaznaczenie_002.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot you were still on J! 2.5 and Fabrik 3.0.x.

As you probably know, upgrading to J! 3.x and Fabrik 3.x is not a simple upgrade, and will require some work beyond just installing the package.

But yes, first step would be to upgrade to 3.0.9.

If you haven't already created a copy of your site to test the upgrade on, I strongly suggest doing so. Do not try any of this on your live site.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back