• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Google map visualization on Community Builder data?

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
Has anyone created a Google Map visualization on Community Builder data?

I know I need to add the proper google map element; however, I don't want to make changes directly to the CB core comprofiler table.

I've thought about adding a linked table that just contains the location data; however, the question then becomes how to keep that data updated when a user updates their CB profile.
I know I could create auto-actions within CB, but if there is some other way I'd prefer to avoid auto-action for this integration.
Also, any ideas how to 'automatically' populate the location data for a large CB dataset?

I'm just hoping someone else has already done this and can share their experience/tips.

Nope, not heard of anyone doing that.

And offhand I can't recall how CB's data is structured, and I don't currently have it installed anywhere. I vaguely recall how their custom fields data is structured, which really isn't copacetic with how Fabrik works.

When you talk about keep the data updated, do you mean geocoding a Fabrik map element from address data in their CB profile?

-- hugh

Thanks.

All the CB data is just in table fields (in com_comprofiler). So I COULD just add it to that table and then access it from Fabrik, but not sure how that would work.

And yes, the address data is in CB and need to have the geocoding in a fabrik element.

I'll do some work on this and post back here when I come up with a workable solution.
(If anyone else has any thoughts/ideas please share and I'll pursue them).

Iirc, the way you are supposed to add additional profile fields in CB is with their custom field handling, which stores them in a separate table, with some kind of mapping table for figuring out what the field types are. Not a mechanism that plays well with Fabrik.

But yes, assuming the address data is in the main CB data table, and CB doesn't have a conniption fit if you add additional fields to their table, you could add a simple VARCHAR column to it for 'map', and introduce the table to Fabrik as a list (just make sure you set "Alter field types" to No so we don't mess with the structure), and set the 'map' element to a googlemap.

Then you could add a 'geocode' Scheduled task in Fabrik for that list, to do the geocoding from the address data to the map field, and you could put a map viz on that list.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back