• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

500 Error, ambiguous column

arcadeicons

I'm getting a 500 error when I try and view list data in the back end, same if I create a new list from this table. The table is shared with another list that has a few joins, however that list doesn't display any errors when the data is viewed in the back end. I checked the primary key and AI settings in the list that is having the issue.

Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list Tournament Scoreboard: <br /><br /><pre>Column 'name' in field list is ambiguous SQL=SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT `submit_score`.`collectiontype` AS `submit_score___collectiontype_raw`, CONCAT_WS('', #__jem_venues.venue, " , ", city, " , ", state, " , ", country) AS `submit_score___collectiontype`, `submit_score`.`eventID` AS `submit_score___eventID_raw`, `#__jem_events`.`title` AS `submit_score___eventID`, `submit_score`.`gameID` AS `submit_score___gameID_raw`, CONCAT_WS('', (SELECT name FROM #__djc2_items WHERE #__djc2_items.id = `select_game`.gameID)) AS `submit_score___gameID`, `submit_score`.`date_time` AS `submit_score___date_time`, `submit_score`.`date_time` AS `submit_score___date_time_raw`, `submit_score`.`id` AS `submit_score___id`, `submit_score`.`id` AS `submit_score___id_raw`, `submit_score`.`gamescore` AS `submit_score___gamescore`, `submit_score`.`gamescore` AS `submit_score___gamescore_raw`, `submit_score`.`playerID` AS `submit_score___playerID_raw`, `submit_score_0`.`player` AS `submit_score___playerID`, `submit_score`.`player` AS `submit_score___player_raw`, CONCAT_WS('', name, ' (', username, ')') AS `submit_score___player`, `submit_score`.`updated_by` AS `submit_score___updated_by_raw`, `#__users_0`.`name` AS `submit_score___updated_by`, `submit_score`.`created_by` AS `submit_score___created_by_raw`, `#__users_1`.`name` AS `submit_score___created_by`, `submit_score`.`create_time` AS `submit_score___create_time`, `submit_score`.`create_time` AS `submit_score___create_time_raw`, `submit_score`.`update_time` AS `submit_score___update_time`, `submit_score`.`update_time` AS `submit_score___update_time_raw`, `submit_score`.`tournID` AS `submit_score___tournID`, `submit_score`.`tournID` AS `submit_score___tournID_raw`, `submit_score`.`id` AS slug , `submit_score`.`id` AS `__pk_val` FROM `submit_score` LEFT JOIN `#__jem_venues` AS `#__jem_venues` ON `#__jem_venues`.`id` = `submit_score`.`collectiontype` LEFT JOIN `#__jem_events` AS `#__jem_events` ON `#__jem_events`.`id` = `submit_score`.`eventID` LEFT JOIN `select_game` AS `select_game` ON `select_game`.`id` = `submit_score`.`gameID` LEFT JOIN `submit_score` AS `submit_score_0` ON `submit_score_0`.`id` = `submit_score`.`playerID` LEFT JOIN `#__users` AS `#__users` ON `#__users`.`id` = `submit_score`.`player` LEFT JOIN `#__users` AS `#__users_0` ON `#__users_0`.`id` = `submit_score`.`updated_by` LEFT JOIN `#__users` AS `#__users_1` ON `#__users_1`.`id` = `submit_score`.`created_by` LIMIT 0, 10</pre>

Looks like you are using a "CONCAT" label in several places on join elements. You need to be more specific with your field names, and use {thistable}.name. That is, {thistable} literally. Which we will replace with the alias of the table you are joining.

-- hugh

ok, here is my concat, how can I write this in a better way...

(SELECT name FROM nfojm_djc2_items
WHERE nfojm_djc2_items.id = {thistable}.gameID)

I have three lists set up like this...

List: Submit Score <--- throws error ONLY when trying to view list data in back end
Table: submit_score

List: Global Scoreboard <--- works no issues
Left Joins:
#_users (has a column called 'name')
#_jem_venues
#_djc2_items (has a column called 'name')
add_tournament

List: Tournament Scoreboard <--- throws error ONLY when trying to view list data in back end

I dont have a choice of naming for the column as I am referencing a field from another application's table. I can certainly see two columns in two different tables named 'name' neither of which I have control over for naming convention.

Last edited:
Just fully name all your fields, so use nfojm_djc2_items.name, the same way you did for nfojm_djc2_items.id.

-- hugh

Do feel free to express your gratitude in the form of a paid support sub for a month or two. I appreciate the THANK YOUs, but they don't pay the bills. :)

-- hugh

I thought that's what that meant. Anyway, yep I'm going to sign up today for a sub, you've been beyond helpful and I need MOWAH help already!

The "supporter" thing doesn't actually get you access to the paid forums. It's more of a "tip".

I see you got a Standard sub. Thanks.

I also see a post which you then seem to have removed. I think the answer to that one may be creating a MySQL view, it's not really a "pivot".

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back