• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Visualizations - Recommendations

bggann

I was planning on trying to do some visualization charts, but 2 of the 3 the charting functions I try are marked as "depreciated, may be removed at any time"
nvd3 charts still seems valid, but the documentation is pretty shallow.

Are there any viable chart type visualizations?
Should I be looking at trying to create reports in a different way. If so - recommendations?

Thoughts? Suggestions.

Well ... yeah, charts are a problem atm. We had a nice thing going with the FusionCharts free version, but they ripped the JavaScript stuff out of the free version, so it only supported Flash, which doesn't work on mobile. And then they changed the licensing on their free version.

We started looking around for an alternative, played around with nvd3, but the community for that never really took off.

Actually, I just checked the Fusion Charts web site, and they now have a version of their XT product which is free for non-commercial use, if you don't mind a small watermark on the chart.

I'll take a look at using that.

Other than that, some folk have had luck with the Plotalot J! extension, using Fabrik data tables.

-- hugh

Had a closer look at the new FusionCharts XT package. The PHP wrapper has changed dramatically, it'd need a lot of code changes.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh,

I did look at nvd3. It has some kind of nice features, but the problem is it seems to be limited to one database table and my system has 2 - one master with a 2nd repeated group table. I don't think I can make the kind of chart I want using only one of the two. There is a "script" function, but I have no clue what it is.

I'll take at Plotalot J!. Jumi may be useful for text reports.
I'd be willing to take a stab at updating some, but I'm not sure I'm good enough at php.....

-bob

Updating the FusionCharts plugin for the new XT version is something I'd like to do, but it's a lot work.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back