Image Captioning

SoilentRed

Caaan do!
During one Fabrik presentations at my local Houston JUG, the presenter showed some really cool examples of what Fabrik is capable of. If I recall correctly, she had made an application where a user can take a greeting card template and write in their own text. I assume this rendered an image on submit. I'd find that functionality very useful. Would you point me in the direction of how that was done?

Your help is always appreciated!

Image or PDF? You can send your form data as PDF attachment with an email form plugin.

Who was the presenter?

Getting started. How was it done? I thought you just ajaxified a calc and possitioned the css onto an image, but the rendering is what throws me. Ideally, i would like to render a jpg or png that is stored in a folder and displayed on a new page which can be shared with others. I know the sharing part is beyond the scope of fabrik, but I can figure that part out... Thanks for your help Robbie!
-Daniel

The calc was for rendering on the page and reflecting changes in the fields. And, then I rendered to a PDF using a custom details template. PDF templates have a much more limited HTML than you can use in the calc display, so the code was slightly different, as well as, we stepped it up on the PDF view. You would have to use another plugin of some sort to render to jpg, I know there are some github projects out there, and you could create a custom Fabrik plugin with one of them. Hope this helps, if not, hit me up at the next Houston JUG.
-Robbie

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back