perhaps j!3.8 has broken the fullcalendar visualization

skyrun

i can't select the table under 'connection' (list just says select connection first, but connection is selected). connections work and the same fabrik visualization works on a 3.7.5 joomla system, but after upgrading, i don't get a list of tables. no js error on load (but see farther down).

connection is fine (tested) and databasejoin type elements work to select the table under the connection.

pretty sure after j3.8 upgrade is when it stopped working... i first noticed it when i went in and changed something else and pressed 'save' not realizing the tables were empty so my viz is hosed now on the j3.8 test system.

happens on a new visualization too, so it's not just that this one is hosed up.

i mentioned that i don't get a js error when loading the visualization or when selecting a connection (the list of connections are there, just not tables no matter my connection selection). however i DO get one when i +add or +remove a new set of data:

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
    at Object.increaseName (repeatgroup-min.js:3)
    at Object.e.extend.$owner (mootools-core.js:38)
    at Object.<anonymous> (repeatgroup-min.js:3)
    at Elements.Elements.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at Function.forEach (mootools-core.js:5)
    at Elements.Elements.each (mootools-core.js:9)
    at Object.<anonymous> (repeatgroup-min.js:3)
    at HTMLAnchorElement.m (mootools-core.js:119)

tried on chrome and ff, incognito. i'm not using joomla cache. updated fabrik to latest github.

url: https://testlocation.skyrun.com/adm...om_fabrik&view=visualization&layout=edit&id=1

Fabrik is not Joomla3.8 ready (see Forum announcement).
You can try a GitHub update, my viz settings are showing correctly with it.
But there are other issues to fix.

thanks for the response. glad it's working for you on the backend, that gives me hope i can figure out why it's not working for me. like i said, i'm on the latest github too.

J3.8 is only my test environment and this is the only issue i've seen so far, so that's good. i'll see if i can find the forum announcement to point out other things i should be looking for.

that is true. i am updating from github with:
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/tarball/master -O - | tar -zx --strip-components 1

i'm not a guru on github... is there another way i should be pulling the latest (or can pull a version with some more compatibility with joomla 3.8).

thanks for your help troester!

You are doing it the right way.
But I commited a fix probably after your last update so you may try to update again.

At least PDFs are not working...

you mean noW working i think.

updated and i see that change. my visualization on the admin side (for fullcalendar, the 'newish' one, not calendar) is still not selecting a db, but hopefully i'll figure out something. and it's not urgent for me since it's working in prod.

No, PDFs are NOT working ("...this is the only issue i've seen so far...")

Did you clear Joomla and browser cache?

yes, i feel sure i ahve done both, i don't use joomla cache on my devl site (and cleared it also for good measure). i tried multiple browsers and tried them in private mode. so i don;'t think it's a cache issue. the .js errors above i believe point to what the issue is.

in fact it may also be possible that yours will stop working too after your cache expires. (make sure you're on the 'fullcalendar' visualization).

the visualization works on the front-end still, just not on /administrator.

thanks! good news is that this fixed my visualization backend issue that is in this tread.

i'll keep testing and let you know if i see anything else. we use mPDF for pdfs and i generate them manually with php, so we aren't good testers for that part of fabrik.

* my approach for reports is to set up a fabrik form for each report for setting report options the form is stored/pre-filled by the user id so each user id's settings for that report stay set. then a php form plugin that runs the .php that gens the report based on the options set and displays with mPDF. reports have options to gen a .csv instead of .pdf, and have the option to email the .pdf vs. displaying it.

we can also use the schedule to run the same php, (setting the report options first with $_REQUEST[xxx]=) and that auto-generates reports nightly, weekly, every 3 days, etc and uses the email option to email the pdf automatically.

works really well for us for reporting on fabrik. happy to write it up if there is an appropriate place on the wiki for it and you think others may find it useful.

I just merged all the j38 branch changes back into master, and will be deleting the j38 branch.

I've made quite a few changes since your last post, so you might want to update again, from master.

FYI, I've been considering replacing DOMPDF with mPDF.

-- hugh

FYI, I played around and got mPDF going ... but the Composer lib for it is over 90MB ... so it's kind of a non-starter for including in our library.

-- hugh

Maybe it's possible to have a PDF "layer"?
An admin must install the Fabrik lib anyway (if it's no GitHub)
So you could have domPDF (as default), mPDF...
I'm using wkhtmltopdf (with hacked Fabrik) but this must be installed at the server.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back