Dynamic list filters

PvN94

Is there a way to create dynamic filters for lists, so that when changing the value of one filter other filters update to only show the then applicable values.

Example:

There is a list of members, who can be active or inactive, and these are used in databasejoins for other lists.

Normally you would only want to see records for active members, so you can use a prefilter on the list for active members, or in the 'filter where' for the databasejoin select only active members. But in the case you do want to look up the inactive members you can't.
Another option is to have 2 filters, 'active/inactive member' and the actual dbjoin with the members. Using url prefilters you can set the first filter to active, but in the second filter you would then still see both active and inactive members.

Is there any way in Fabrik to create a list with 2 filters, where the selected value of the first filter is used to populate the second filter only with applicable values?

Sorry if the explanation wasn't clear, but setting the element as a list filter is not the problem.

I'm looking for a way to dynamically update the contents in the filter, based on what is selected in another filter. Kind of like a cascading dropdown, but in list filters.

I'm not really understanding what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to modify the behaviour of a dropdown's "WHERE" filter, depending on the value of a list filter?

So if you have two filters, "Active" and "Users", and Users is a join with a WHERE clause that filters on "active=1". Then you want to set the list filter to "Active: no", and have the Users dopdown then basically ignore the WHERE filter?

-- hugh

Yeah that sounds about right. The practical end result would be a list filter which normally shows only active users, but with an option to include non-active users. Though with the way you're describing it sounds impossible... ;)

Well, I'm still confused by your requirement, to be honest. I'm still not sure if you are talking about list filters or the join's where filter.

You last post doesn't seem to describe what I described in my last post, as it only seems to talk about list filters.

-- hugh

It's only the list filter. For the join's where filter, in the form, I would use placeholders in the where statements and the AJAX update option, which works great. The question is if something similar can be done on the list filter.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back