"Copy list" not working, while "Save as Copy" to copy works but doesn't copy joins

nrsmoll

I am using Joomla 3.X and Fabrik 3.8.
I've noted a similar problem reported by Relsig in 2015:
"Copy list not working" Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by relsig, Dec 12, 2015.

Effectively, I was trying to copy a list with ~8 joins that was working using the "copy list" checkboxes. Everytime I did that, I could not open it, despite the parameters being the same (would throw a "500" error). The only way copying the list worked, was by changing the label and using "Save as Copy". The problem is, is that the joins were not copied, but the rest was copied over. It would be great if the copy lists could be copied over. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

I thought I should report this, as in the other post from 2015 it seems that the "copy list" checkbox method is supposed to be more reliable.

Thanks!

Issue confirmed.
@cheesegrits :
As far as I can see the joins are copied correctly (with the "Copy" button in list listing, not "Save as copy") but the query is mixing up table aliases.
I have a table "land" join "stadt" join "strasse" (= country, city, street)
Original list:
upload_2017-10-22_23-40-56.png
Query:
FROM `land`
LEFT JOIN `stadt` AS `stadt` ON `stadt`.`in_land` = `land`.`id`
LEFT JOIN `strassen` AS `strassen` ON `strassen`.`j_stadt_plz` = `stadt`.`id`

LEFT JOIN `stadt` AS `stadt_0` ON `stadt_0`.`id` = `strassen`.`j_stadt_plz`
LEFT JOIN `fabrik_user_reg` AS `fabrik_user_reg` ON `fabrik_user_reg`.`id` = `land`.`dbjoin`

I think red are table joins, blue are my dbjoin elements

In the copied list the jons are there
upload_2017-10-22_23-44-23.png
but the query is
FROM `land`
LEFT JOIN `fabrik_user_reg` AS `fabrik_user_reg` ON `fabrik_user_reg`.`id` = `land`.`dbjoin`
LEFT JOIN `stadt`
AS `stadt_0` ON `stadt_0`.`in_land` = `land`.`id`
LEFT JOIN `strassen` AS `strassen` ON `strassen`.`j_stadt_plz` =
`stadt`.`id`
LEFT JOIN `stadt` AS `stadt` ON `stadt`.`id` = `strassen`.`j_stadt_plz`

so the order of the joins is vice versa, so it doesn't match the alias and throwing Error 500 "Unknown column 'stadt.id' in 'on clause'"

The order of the joins is also different in #_fabrik_joins:
original list:
list join groupA
element join groupA
list join groupB
element joingroupB

copied list:

element join groupAcopy
element join groupBcopy
list join groupAcopy
list join groupBcopy

Last edited:
OK, this is top of my list to look at when I get home. I'm currently en route back from Austin TX (spent the weekend visiting with my sister who lives here, and going to the US F1 grand prix).

-- hugh

Nice!
Well, the "Save as copy" worked well, so the solution is mostly working.

Good luck with this.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back