• New Commercial Services Section

We have now opened a commercial services section here on the forum. If you have a Fabrik project that you wish to have someone work on for you, post it under Help Wanted. If you are an application developer and wish to earn some money helping others, post your details under Fabrik Application Developers.

Both of these are unmoderated. It will be up to both parties to work out the details and come to an agreement.

DB Join element autocomplete - only suggest please

stausen

Hi,
I'm not able to disable the automatic set value in my db join element witch works fine but it should give only the suggestions by typing... it shouldn't set the value automaticly when only one suggest leaves.

Hope somebody could help me!

Best regards!

We can't change the default behavior at this point, as that would affect everyone who wants it to work like that. So it would require adding an option to the settings, and modifying the code to allow either behavior. That's about an hour's work, as nothing to do with how JavaScript menus and AJAX processing works is entirely simple.

-- hugh

Hi,
ok I understand. Perhaps you could tell me where or how I can disable this auto update function.
In \plugins\fabrik_element\databasejoin\databasejoin.php at line 1069 I commented the line out. Now it only suggest without updating the field but it suggest all values in the dropdown.

OK, I remembered we already actually have that as an option built into the autocomplete class in JavaScript, we just never actually use it anywhere. So I added it as a configurable global option (Fabrik global options, in the Javascript tab, in the same place you can set the minimum trigger characters, and number of rows in the dropdown), which will control that behavior for all autocompletes (not just join elements, but anywhere we do any autocompletion).

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/c6c2ed5e699ec10b1161a1ab59fe30e7b3fa613e

You'll need to do a full github update.

If you wanted to do it on a per join element basis, you'd probably need to take out a Pro sub for a month, to cover the cost of coding that up.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back