Groups: Layout>Show Group: Yes, but hidden option doesn't hide the group

nrsmoll

Hi,
I have just done an update from Github ~3 days ago, which fixed a JS "Show" group bug (I downloaded the entire program, not just the bit I was having trouble with). Now it seems that when I set a group: Layout>Show Group: "Yes, but hidden", the group is still present on my form (two weeks ago this worked for sure).

If I set it to "Always shown as Read-only", the group then disappears.

Is this a bug?

The "Yes, but hidden" setting works OK for me. I did some work related to that, such that the Javascript 'show' event on an element will now work if the group is hidden that way, but I didn't touch the code that actually hides it from that group setting.

Which form / group?

-- hugh

Its group 385
And form 85
Its "patient-driven data entry"

Effectively, the patient logs in, and then fills out a form which is linked to their name (record), and not able to see the records/names of other patients.

I need the group 385 to be hidden so the patient doesn't change the name, or see other irrelevant data. I could just hide the elements, but I prefer hiding the group.

Looks like it's correctly opening hidden, but then being shown again by the 'on load' events on this element:

administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=element&layout=edit&id=4422

Also note that for some reason, you have a huge number of duplicated JS events on that element.

-- hugh

Ok, you were definately right.
Its weird because the JS was important for another form, but shouldn't have affected the workings of this form (the form that was having problems). It was previously a linked element, and when it appeared in the form, the target of the JS had changed automatically as the list (and joins) were entirely different to the list (and joins) that I created the JS in originally.

Works! Useful for debugging on my own in future. Look into the JS present in the form.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back