• New Commercial Services Section

We have now opened a commercial services section here on the forum. If you have a Fabrik project that you wish to have someone work on for you, post it under Help Wanted. If you are an application developer and wish to earn some money helping others, post your details under Fabrik Application Developers.

Both of these are unmoderated. It will be up to both parties to work out the details and come to an agreement.

Cascading dropdown in 3.8 doesn't work

tanya2015

Hello,
I tryed to use Cascading dropdown and
1) it looks like at the picture
2) I got this message after press veiw data for the table where I use cascading dropdown.
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in Z:\home\phone.ru\www\plugins\fabrik_element\cascadingdropdown\cascadingdropdown.php on line 133 it's in admin panel.
If I use autocomplete - there is no list (2.png)
if I use dropdown {3.png}
I used this elements from my start to use fabrik and it works perfect. But it was early versions.

Joomla 3.8.3, fabrik 3.8 template - photostar
Thank you

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 25
Line 133 doesn't match that error message in the current code.

Have you just updated Fabrik from an earlier version? If so, did you also update all the plugins?

-- hugh

I don't update, I make new project so deside to instal joomla 3.8.3, after this fabrik 3.8 and as I need cascading drop down I install it from you site version 3.09 I only found.

I didn't update from early versions, I started new project? install jooomla 3.8.3, after this fabrik 3.8 and as I need cascading dropdown i go to fabrikar.com and found only 3.09 cascading dropdown plugin and installed it. tha't all.

There is a problem with the web site downloads page - all the current and even recent versions are missing!!!!

Until the web site is fixed, and if Hugh can't provide a direct link for the CCD plugin v3.8 - then yes.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in Z:\home\phone.ru\www\libraries\fabrik\vendor\guzzlehttp\promises\src\functions.php on line 45
I got this error after update from git

I have checked that file and it looks OK to me. Please try updating from Github again.

P.S. Are you using AWS?

Sorry, one of my garbage collections scripts lost it's mind and set a bunch of download versions to unpublished. 3.8 should be available again.

The "unexpected '['" error is a PHP version thing. The minimum requirement for Fabrik is now 5.4, which is when the "new" shorthand array syntax was introduced. Although Fabrik itself doesn't use the new (5 year old) syntax, some of the composer libs we use do.

-- hugh

I kinda hated having to bump the required version up beyond J!'s (which is still 5.3.11 for J! >= 3.5), but now we use Composer libraries, we don't have any choice. Several fundamental ones (like guzzle), which a metric shit ton of other Composer libs rely on, use the "new" array syntax, and there's no way we can detect or control that. So no choice. It's either PHP 5.4, or no nice toys like Amazon S3 support, Stripe payments, etc.

And yes, 7.1 is all I develop against at the moment. So far the array issue is the only thing I've run in to, once we got the basic 7.x compat done. But I'm not going to expend any cycles on 5.x compat. It's a dead version.

-- hugh

Thank you very much foe your answer. I found the way and just download cascadingdropdown plugin from github version. All other things I'll pay attention.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back