• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Fabrik element user plugin might be broken

xycofryx

Joomla Version : 3.8.3
Fabrik Version: 3.8.1
Template: Purity III
Add-On: Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

Background:

Upon using the "user" plugin it gave me a message:

A join or a list has been added which has no Primary Key. Most likely cause is you are creating a new list on a MySQL view, or a join element joining to one. Views don't have PKs, and we couldn't find an 'id' element to use. If you are creating a list, you will need to manually designate the PK in the list settings now, in the 'Data' tab. If you are creating a join element, make sure that a Fabrik list has been created on that view, and the PK designated. Once that is done, Fabri will know what field to use as the PK when you create a join to it.

index.php

The funny thing is I didn't use any views.

And then it bugged that it didn't reflect the Joomla Fullname of the user that editing the record instead I got the user_id shown in the list. Furthermore whenever I enable the "Include in search results" is gave me an error that resembles like this:

index.php

upon checking the table called #_fabrik_joins there is a record that contains my field called "updated_by".

Please help me on this one.

Attachments

• message.PNG
    message.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 59
  • error.PNG
    error.PNG
    26.6 KB · Views: 69
Fabrik doesn't support "cross joining", i.e. you can't use a databasejoin element (or CDD or user) pointing to a table in an other database.

I assume it's the same with "Include in search results": you can only include list in the Joomla database.

Well, you kinda can do a cross join (if the credentials are the same for both databases), but you'll only ever get the "value", not the "label". So, in this case, you can store the user ID, but you won't be able to resolve that to a username (or whatever). Which is obviously of limited use, but is useful for (say) ACL purposes.

-- hugh

Update: I just merge all the table into one database, maybe its not a good idea after all to divide them (too much complexity for me). Until then, it's one big DB for me.

Well thanks anyway guys for helping me out. Fabrik is a great tool for not so brilliant guys like us who hated the complexities of MVC or designing systems from scratch. KUDOS

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back