• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[SOLVED] Weird problem...

rodeokid

I have a weird problem with date element in repeat group...

Everything was working fine with my form that serves as employee's profile. I did run a lot of test on it since a couple of weeks, and everythign was ok.

We have a tab called Absences, it is a repeat group where we add a new entry when an employee take a day off sick or something else. So basically it is: a starting date element, an end date element, a dropdown to choose if the employee called or not, the reason in a textarea and a dropdown to choose which supervisor add the entry.

All was running fine, until today... i tried to add a new entry and saw that the date of other entry on same page change year... and my new entry is not saved. So let's say that an employee have 2 day off entry on his profile, if i try to add a new one, when i click on Save, the date of the 2 old entry change from 2017 to 2018 but keep day and month intact... and my new entry is not saved, without any kind of error message...

On an employee's profile with no entry, i can add 1 just fine... but as soon i try to add a new one, problem start again, second one is not saved.

Please i need help on this one !!

It's on my only site in my profile... and this is direct link to one page employee: index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&Itemid=117&formid=1&rowid=468&listid=1

Thanks

rodeokid

Last edited:
OK, I've been submitting tests on that record, so you'll need to fix it.

Can you add ftp details to your My Sites, so I can update some JS files.

-- hugh

I'm going to need to install your site locally. I found a couple of little issues in the date element cloning which need to be tweaked, but they aren't causing the issue we're seeing. The submitted data looks fine. So the problem must be on the server side during submission, which I can't debug from here.

Can you load up Akeeba Backup, and let me know when you've got it installed and taken a full backup.

-- hugh

I'm working on it. Takes a while to get one of these things set up and debugged. About an hour just to get the site downloaded, installed, and a PHP Storm project set up on it before I can even start debugging. The PHP Storm project is building atm ... "indexing ...".

-- hugh

OK, I don't seem to be able to replicate this.

The only thing I see is that the ordering of the repeats changes on re-display of the form. But the data is intact.

Can you give me the exact steps to replicate the issue of data not saving.

What browser are you using?

-- hugh

Chrome on PC, 99% of time, Chrome on Android 1%.
People at work will use Chrome and Edge.

To replicate just go in the profile of any employee, and go to the Absences tab...it's a repeat group to keep track of each employee's day off history... just try to add one... it will work for the first one if empty, but after that, next time you try to add one it will not be saved, and very often the year of the first one will change to actual year if the first one was 2017... it will change to 2018 on save, but keep day and month...weird.
You can use this employee as test... index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&Itemid=117&formid=1&rowid=468&listid=1

you see ? you entered some, i just tried to enter a new one, all the first one did change to 2018...there was 2 in 2017. jsute try to change one to 2017 and save...sometimes it works...but as soon as you add a new one, boom, the year change on others.

Thanks.
rodeokid

I just can't replicate this. Take another look at that test record on your server. I removed all but "test1", which I set to 2017, and saved. So it just had 'test1' on 20th April, 2o17. Then I added test2, test3 and test4, as three separate saves, in 2018. No data lost, test1 stayed at 2017. The only issue is that when reloading the form, the repeats are not ordered chronologically (it goes 1, 2, 4, 3), but the data is correct (I set the dates in chronological order).

And I can't replicate it on my copy, either. Same exact behavior. Everything submits fine, no data lost, no dates changed on existing records.

I've done about 50 saves, and not once managed to get it to exhibit the behavior you are seeing. I'm not disputing that this is what you are seeing, but obviously I can't fix it if I can't replicate it.

What had confused me when I first tried it on your server was the re-ordering on display, which I mistook for data being changed. It wasn't till I started testing by numbering the 'raison' that I realize I was just seeing an ordering issue.

Can you open Dev Tools in Chrome (ctrl-shift-I) and see if there are any Javascript errors when you load or submit the form?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, sorry been sick as hell...

I just added a link in Notes in my sites, it is a screencast on my Google drive (don't want to share it here cause we see real phone numbers), can you please take a look...
I tried with Chrome AND Firefox, and i have always the same result... i can't understand why you don't have any problem... it is just too weird... for now i am stopped cause if i don't fix this bug, i can't go further.
As for Dev tools in Chrome, i have no javascript errors on open or save, only one error cause i use a non-encrypted field for password, but it is what i want.
Thanks.

rodeokid

Last edited:
I will keep trying to duplicate it.

One thing to try, although if it's happening in both browsers this is unlikely, but try emptying the Javascript cache in Chrome. Easiest way is to bring up dev tools, then you get a right click menu on the normal browser reload menu with "empty cache and hard reload" as an option.

-- hugh

Done... and now i tried with my own computer at home also, with 2 different browser and i have the same result... so i don't understand why you have no problem on this repeat group... this is too wierd for my brain...
The year for the 2 first line keeps coming back to 2018 on Save each time i try to add another line... and my new line is'nt saved at all.

rodeokid

Ok so please i need help on this. Been doing tests on 2 different computer, 3 different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)... always same bug... the year always change when you try to add a new entry...and this new entry is not saved. Driving me nuts.
Please look on my copy to see if you can find the bug, cause now i have stopped all developpement on my project... we will use this repeat group very often to keep track of a lot of things. If i can't get it to work, it's a big problem for us.
I am with Joomla 3.8.7, Fabrik 3.8.1 (full github update), php7.0.7, MyISAM database on a Suse Linux dedicated server.
Thanks in advance.

rodeokid

I just tested on your site (reset two dates to 2017, added one absence, saved, added an other one).
All is working as expected.

But:
In your screencast the dates are displayed in French, in my browser they are displayed in English (although my browser language is set to German and my "German" sites are displaying the date in German); your site is set to English.

Maybe this is mixing up the dates because of "unknown" months.
Try if an other form date format without text (e.g. d.m.Y) is working.
Don't use /, I can remember issues with this delimiter, too.

Did you add any JS, extensions, code related to dates?

I did a lot of test with different date config, no luck at all... right now i am using d F Y without any delimiter, cause this is what we want.
You said : your site is set to English. ? what do you mean ? what can i change to set it in french ? First time i heard this...

No i did not add any extension or JS to this form that have anything to do with date... it was running fine 'till sometimes in the past few weeks... i did a joomla update, and a github complete for Fabrik... but even if i try an old backup of a couple of months, i got this problem... i am going nuts now... please i need help to figure this out...

rodeokid

Can you try a date format without any text? e.g. d.m.Y or the standard Y-m-d

I just tried again directly on your site and can't replicate the issue
I set the first group to 2017, added a group with today, saved, got
View attachment 17085
I can't manage to get your site displaying the dates with French month names as it is done in your screencast
View attachment 17084
I tried to set my browser (Chrome) to French but this didn't change the month names.
Your site itself is set to English
View attachment 17086
I don't know what is going on as it seems to be not replicatable if Hugh or I are on your site with "our" browsers.

If i try Y-m-d, when i hit save, the year of the absences already present does'nt change, so it's a good thing, but i cannot add a new one...it is just impossible to add a new one, nothing happen, no error at all, the 2 absences already present stay the same, but the new one is gone with the wind...

For the fact that the site in set in english, this is what I have when i open the devbug tools on my side:
180502105317219651.png
so i think it is only showing what your browser is set to...

It's definitely a problem with french, but i don't know how to solve this. If you have no problem in english on your side, then how can we add something in french ? We can't use date in repeat group anymore ?
d F Y is what we need to use, like everywhere else on the site, it is only in repeat group that it's not working anymore.
I could be available for a teamviewer session if a good Samaritan could check this with my browser, on my computer, from a french point of view... it's been a week now that i am on this case, tried everything i could think off.

Thanks
rodeokid

Last edited:
The strange thing is that my browser is set to German...

One more idea: are you using the same Joomla user as the one you gave us?

Ok, I set the Fabrik user frontend language to French, now the dates (and calendar widgets) are shown in French.
But it's still working, I was able to add one more group...

It's switching the groups, do have have some "order by" set?

Last edited:
I added a new screencast in My sites... please take a look (sorry for the music that comes with it)

I did a new test with the exact same user as you have : fabrikhelp
You will see the bug in action very well in this screencast.
For the groups switching, i don't know why it does that either, always thought that repeat group would stay in the order you add them, but as you can see, it keeps changing place... don't know why.

I start to feel a little depressive right now...

rodeokid

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back