• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Joomla Backend - Components>Fabrik>Elements Loading Issue

teoyh

I have a about 5k elements in my Fabrik.

The very first time when i load elements it will take so long that sometime i get a time out error.

Is there any setting to overcome this ?

I have tried Enable big selects in Fabrik Options but that did not seems to help either.

Make sure (with e.g. phpMyAdmin) that the column parent_id in #_fabrik_elements has an index added.

If it doesn't have the index on parent_id (and even if it does) you should probably check all your Fabrik metadata tables, and make sure they have indexes as per:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/bl...ponents/com_fabrik/sql/install.mysql.uft8.sql

Some of those indexes were added in updates, like ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/bl...mponents/com_fabrik/sql/updates/mysql/3.4.sql

... and there's something weird deep inside the J! updater which causes SQL updates to not be applied sometimes.

-- hugh

I did what you all had instructed me by checking all the table to ensure that all the id have index but still cannot load it just keep spinning until time out. Forgot to mentioned that this is in my development site. Production have no such issue.

I am using development to test the php 7 so bump into this issue. But i had since switch back to php 5.6 after the element cannot load.

I was checking the mysql connection in the backend when the element list is loading , i will get the following query. Any clue what is it doing ?

cannot_load_elements.JPG

There is also a difference between my development compare to Production , development have no access to internet ! Does that make a difference ?

Last edited:
There is also a difference between my development compare to Production , development have no access to internet ! Does that make a difference ?
Not from a Fabrik site of view (if your site is running on a local web server).
#_fabrik_jsactions is storing the JS actions of your elements.

Did you enable maximum error reporting? Is it giving an error message?

Most likely is memory limit, so you could try increasing that in your PHP ini.

-- hugh

Did you enable maximum error reporting? Is it giving an error message?

Most likely is memory limit, so you could try increasing that in your PHP ini.

-- hugh
I had increase the memory limit to 512M but it still did not help :(
; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
; http://php.net/memory-limit
memory_limit=512M

I had enable maximum error report, but it will not show as the page is in a loading mode

To overcome this issue this is what i do ;

add the filter_group number to the url so that it will reduce the loading time. Each time when i click element it will load everything , in the next version can it be set to load the first list and not everything. Subsequent loading it will base on what you last select

administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=elements&filter_group=449

As Hugh has indicated this might be an issue with the number of element you are trying to display or with memory being exhausted for some other reason.

Have you tried running the SQL that you believe is causing the problem manually in e.g. phpmyadmin?

Alternatively I have a Joomla PR#19367 pending which makes the Fabrik SQL calls appear in the Joomla Debug log (at present few if any appear there). This includes both the SQL EXPLAIN and SQL execution profile for each SQL call - so if you apply this PR to your development site manually then, as long as the Joomla Elements list actually appears and doesn't time out, you should be able to review the SQL and see what is taking the most time and get some idea of what might be needed to reduce it.

As Hugh has indicated this might be an issue with the number of element you are trying to display or with memory being exhausted for some other reason.

Have you tried running the SQL that you believe is causing the problem manually in e.g. phpmyadmin?

Alternatively I have a Joomla PR#19367 pending which makes the Fabrik SQL calls appear in the Joomla Debug log (at present few if any appear there). This includes both the SQL EXPLAIN and SQL execution profile for each SQL call - so if you apply this PR to your development site manually then, as long as the Joomla Elements list actually appears and doesn't time out, you should be able to review the SQL and see what is taking the most time and get some idea of what might be needed to reduce it.
Pardon me, but how do i pull the changes seem to be a Joomla debug enhancement.

I really wouldn't advise applying PR's to your Joomla. Seeing the query isn't going to help much, I know what the query is ... I wrote the query. :)

Can you answer:

What is your pagination size set to (the dropdown, top right)?

-- hugh

I really wouldn't advise applying PR's to your Joomla. Seeing the query isn't going to help much, I know what the query is ... I wrote the query. :)

Can you answer:

-- hugh
Hehe ...i was still trying to figure out where to find the setting for pagination size ... i look all around but could not see to find it

Hehe ...i was still trying to figure out where to find the setting for pagination size ... i look all around but could not see to find it
Same place it is for all backend Joomla tables, top right.

Hugh

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back