• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Undefined property in fileupload.php

Slater

I've just updated from 3.7 to 3.81

Since the update I am getting an error similar to one previously reported here..
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/error-fileupload-element-when-upload-image-1mb.47472/

When uploading images from a mobile phone using the image capture I get the following errors on form submission

NOTICE: Undefined property: stdClass::$shop___id_raw in /home/svr/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/fileupload/fileupload.php on line 1684

followed by

Fatal error: Class Fabrik\Helpers\Image\StringHelper' not found in /home/svr/public_html/libraries/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Image/Imagegd.php on line 101

I've had to restore the backup to get the site working again..

The error is not present when using desktop browsers, only on the mobile devices - requesting a desktop site from the mobile has made no difference.

Why are you using the GD image lib rather than GD2? What version of PHP are you running?

GD (v1) is an ancient version of the PHP image processing library, which was deprecated and support removed in 2010, in favor of GD2:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/removal-of-deprecated-features

Check your file upload settings, under Display, Image Lib, see if you have a version of GD which says something like "GD: bundled (2.x.x compatible)", and if so, select that.

If not, then you really need to update your PHP.

-- hugh

Seems I'm already using GD Bundled (2.1.0 compatible) - its the only option available in the Display,Image Lib

Any other ideas ?

Ah HAH!

I see the problem, and why it would be specific to mobile phones, with EXIF data in the image. If you have "WIP" (work in progress) enabled, we check the embedded EXIF data in the uploaded image, and attempt to rotate the image if necessary. Which winds up calling a (broken) function from the GD lib, rather than the GD2 lib.

Try editing:

./libraries/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Image/Imagegd.php

... and at line 14, add this:

Code:
use \Fabrik\Helpers\StringHelper;

I think that'll fix it. Let me know. If it does, I'll commit the change to github.

-- hugh

Thanks for the update...

I'll need to plan an update on our site, but just a note - I did not have work in progress turned on.

Hi,

I had the same issue, but add "use \Fabrik\Helpers\StringHelper;" wasn't enough in my case.

Fileupload was working on Android (6.0.1) and on a desktop, but on an iphone (tested with iPhone 4 / 6) I had a 'Class 'Fabrik\Helpers\Image\StringHelper' not found', with no indication of the file where the problem was.

I added the line "use \Fabrik\Helpers\StringHelper;" in ./libraries/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Image/Imagegd.php

After that I've had a new error: Class 'Fabrik\Helpers\Image\JFile' not found

So I added: use JFile;

After that I've had a new error: Class 'Fabrik\Helpers\Image\JFactory' not found

So I added: use JFactory;

And now it works again on iPhone

Weird :) why iPhone only? someone else experiment the same problem?

Hi Hugh,

Previously it was working well with both android an iphone, I don't know when the problem began with iphone.
With the 2 'use' I add it works again but could you put it in the next version?

I've committed some changes to imagegd.php which should fix it.

I'm still puzzled as to why Android doesn't trigger this, unless you have your Android phone configured not to include EXIF data in the uploads.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back