button element with link.. how to relate with others forms

javier94

hello,

I have a form divided in 4 parts... for that i have create..

1. form (named " form-1".. with general datas + and i have added 3 button elements that should open --> other forms ... each button a diferent form

button 1 should open ... form-2
button 2 should open.. form-3
button 3 should open.. form-4

which "url" i have to use to open the desire form in a new window ???

is necessary to create a "new element" in form-2, form-3, form-4... to relate or to know that this forms are "part of" or belongs to " form-1" as for example a element with a code or something similar???

do you know if when i see the list detail view ... for "form-1" if i click in buttons that in form open "form-2".. will open the form-2 in list detail view too???

i have find some code..in other post and i have use this.. as javascripts
for button 1 and form-2
window.location.href = 'https://iocleane-cp22.webjoomla.es/.../procesos-seleccio-ajuntament-ca/requisitos';

but i think is not the right way.. i can open the form-2 .. i can filled.. but when i go to detail list view.. i can not see the form-2 details list ( just open the form-2 again)... i think is because form-1 and form-2 are not related....

i don?t know nothing about Javascript as you can see.. sorry

any suggestion..?

thnaks!

Last edited:
is necessary to create a "new element" in form-2, form-3, form-4... to relate or to know that this forms are "part of" or belongs to " form-1" as for example a element with a code or something similar???

You'll need a "Foreign Key" (FK) in forms 2, 3 and 4, that store the rowid of form 1 that they relate to. Usually a database join element, pointing to the 'id' of form 1.

Do you have that already?

-- hugh

ok.. i have add a datebasejoin element in form-2, form-3, form-4, and i have related the datajoin element with form-1 each form.. related with each button in form-1

after. this.. i should add a javascript code.. to the button.. to do the following.

form-1 is in form view --> click the button an open form-2 in form view
form-1 is in form edit ( with datas) --> click the button and open form-2 in form edit ( with datas)
form-1 is in list details view --> click the button and open form-2 in list details view

i dont know to much about javascript and i have found this code....

window.location.href = 'https://iocleane-cp22.webjoomla.es/.../procesos-seleccio-ajuntament-ca/requisitos';

but this code only works for a form view --> doesn?t work for the other 2 options i need as --> form edit, or list details

would you tell me which code will be ok ?

i add this datas if you need for the code.

form-1 id = 86
form-2 id= 76
form-3 id= 95
form-4 id= 96

form-1 database = job_a_offer
form-2 database = a_a_lista_requisitos
form-3 database= a_a_lista_bases
form-4 database= a_a_lista_esmena

many thanks!

Last edited:
Buttons elements don't work in list view.

I'm trying to understand what you are doing ...

How do these linked forms get created? In other words, how do the foreign keys get set, to point back to form 1?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back