How to remove tooltip for required icon

bea

Hello!
I don't need the tooltip for the required icon and I've searched the forum for a solution, but without success.

Also I would like to show up the required icon and the tip icon after the label. I'm not sure, if this is possible.

Cheers,
Bianka

To get the icon after the label (as in F2) you can override components\com_fabrik\layouts\element\fabrik-element-label.php
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/jlayouts/

Code:
$labelText = FText::_($d->label);
$labelText = $labelText == '' ? ' ' : $labelText;
$l = $labelText;
$l .= $d->icons;

I think you can also use this override to supress $d->tip in case of icon== required.
But maybe you have to remove also the "fabrikTip" class if there's only the required icon...

Hi troester,
many thanks for your help, but the change icon/text doesn't work...
Would it be possible, if Tip text is empty to hide the validation tooltip by default? I can't remove the "fabrikTip" class, because I have tips on elements.
Cheers
Bianka
I think you can also use this override to supress $d->tip in case of icon== required.
But maybe you have to remove also the "fabrikTip" class if there's only the required icon...

PHP:
$d = $displayData;
$labelText = FText::_($d->label);
$labelText = $labelText == '' ? ' ' : $labelText;
$l = $d->j3 ? '' : $labelText;
$l .= $d->j3 ? $labelText : '';
$l .= $d->icons;

Last edited:
Where did you put the file?
\templates\{your-template}\html\layouts\com_fabrik\element\fabrik-element-label.php
is working on my site.

Many thanks, I didn't noticed, that there is another fabrik-element-label.php in my template folder. I made the changes in com_fabrik\layouts\element\fabrik-element-label.php.
Also I used some custom css in my template:
CSS:
[class^="icon-"].small {
    font-size: 10px;
    color: orangered;
    margin-left: 5px;
    margin-right: -10px;
}

Would be great get rid of the required icon tooltip without any tiptext in the future ;)

You shouldn't modify core files like com_fabrik\layouts\element\fabrik-element-label.php, those modification will be overridden by the next update.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back