Autofill not working on prod site, but does work on test site

Which are the NOW existing problems and which are the steps to replicate?
No need to describe problems which suddenly "without changing anything" came and suddenly "without changing anything" are gone again.

I already answered this question. One more time

These are the steps.

1. Register on the website (which is a Joomla registration of name and email address only.) I already did this for the user I set up for Fabrik.
2. Activate the registration by clicking on the link in an email message. (I did this for the superuser I set up for Fabrik)
3. login, which automatically take you to the account profile page. This is NOT set to public - it's set to registered for add and delete.
4. set up an account profile. (or modify an existing one)
5. Once the account profile is set up, add information about one or more pets, if so desired.
6. If so desired, fill out a custom order form. This is the form that should autofill with the users name, address, phone number, and email address based on what is in the account profile.

Right now, none of that can be done as a person setting up a new account profile. And, even a superuser cannot setup a new account profile in the backend.

It's also a problem that with no changes to Fabrik autofill stopped working. I don't care that it works now - it can't work for a while, then not, then work ..... THAT IS A PROBLEM!

Last edited:
BTW - part of the problem is that without any changes to Fabrik new problems exist. So I will describe that as that is PART OF THE PROBLEM!

And I still want an answer to my question - if you do not work for Fabrik, how the *&*() do you have my login credentials that are only for Fabrik? Because if you don't work for Fabrik, the information we leave for them is not protected, and EVERYONE needs to know if that is the case. Or you lied when you said you don't work for them. Either way makes me really mad as I don't like being lied to or misled by half-truths.

You said "First of all: I'm only a Fabrik user trying to help." This is total BS. Either you do work for Fabrik, you do work for them, or you broke into their system and got login information that you should not have. Which is it?

Last edited:
Troester .... since Hugh will be back today or tomorrow, let's let him find the problem. You obviously aren't really interested in helping me or being honest. And you don't read what I write and I don't have time to keep writing the same thing over and over and over.

Hugh - if troester doesn't work for Fabrik, how the heck does she have my login credentials that were suppose to be confidential?

I'm a Fabrik user, I don't get paid, I have staff access because I was able to help a lot of persons who appreciated it.
My work is totally voluntary and I don't need to be insulted by you.

And I don't need to be insulted by you troester. You misled me and I don't appreciate that. And you keep asking questions to which I already supplied the information, which means you really didn't read my information and don't really want to help.

After 2 weeks of NO HELP AT ALL FROM Fabrik, after me wasting THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS trying to figure out how something that worked great for months and now doesn't work at all with NO CHANGES TO THE FABRIK LISTS, FORMS, GROUPS, ELEMENTS, VALIDATIONS OR ANYTHING ELSE, I have gotten rid of the original problem but the problems that remain still make all forms and lists and et al unusable for my clients websites and makes it so their clients cannot use the websites - at least the portions related to Fabrik. I would write all that has happened, but I no longer have the luxury. I just WANT THIS FIXED ASAP. The amount of money Fabrik issues have cost me are now in the TENS OF THOUSANDS and I may lose customers because of how long your product has not worked. 2 WEEKS AND MORE TO GET HELP IS BEYOND UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Maybe you should do your job and figure out, why your clients site doesn't work correct anymore, instead of writing endless posts and covering Fabrik people with insults.
If you make thousands of dollars with Joomla and Fabrik, then you should afford a programmer.
My 5 cents.

bea, you really don't want to start with me. My clients' sites are working GREAT EXCEPT FOR THE PARTS THAT HAVE FABRIK FORMS and LISTS ON THEM. THE PROBLEM IS FABRIK not their sites! If you would read the threads you would know this! I did NOT say the website didn't work, I said my clients' clients could not use the websites. There is a big difference in those two statements!

The forms and websites have not changed and suddenly all Fabrik related items stopped working. Even a first year analyst would know where the problem lies. And I have been waiting for 2 weeks to get help with the FABRIK RELATED PROBLEMS. Along the way I find out someone I don't know from adam has access to private and important information. Are you serious. Who are you to say this crap anyway?

I am not insulting FABRIK PEOPLE I'M TELLING FACTS AND I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE UPSET!!!!! THIS LACK OF SUPPORT AND GIVING ACCESS TO SUPER USER CREDENTIALS TO PEOPLE WE DONT' KNOW IS UNACCEPTABLE AND VIOLATES ALL KINDS OF SECURITY POLICIES AND THE GDPR LAWS!!!!

AND AGAIN I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE UPSET!!!!!!!

AND IF YOU WOULD READ WHAT I WROTE I SAID IT WASTED THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF MY TIME. MY TIME IS WORTH SOMETHING. MAYBE YOURS IS NOT, BUT MY IS VERY VALUABLE!!!!

I have been a major supporter of this product and told many, many people about it. And I don't need a programmer to use Joomla or Wordpress, that's what they are for. And as I have been an IT professional - conceptual and logical information architect and metadata architect - I know enough about it to not need a DBA either.

You are in way over your head Bea. If you aren't going to help, then stay out of this.

Last edited:
Do you really think, that someone is interesting to read your posts? NO! It seems, that you cover your inability with verbal assaults.
I'm here a long time and I can tell you that 98% of any errors are caused by users and not Fabrik.
Maybe you should walk the dog and start tomorrow with a positive, constructive minded conversation.
another 5 cents.

Grow up Bea. Do you think anyone is interested in your insults? Get a clue. What people are interested in is getting support and knowing how a company is really run. Stay out of this. You have no clue about my abilities. I don't have time for your nonsense and will not reply to your childish comments again. Stay out of This!!!!

Hugh - when you get around to helping, it no longer has to do with autofill. The second update from github fixed that problem. The problem now is with the user plugin. This was working for months, and NOTHING has changed in the form or on the website for months, so it makes no sense it's not working. But now it appears the issue is with the User plugin. I changed some of the setting so now we can add an account profile on the backed, but it still won't anyone to add one on the Front end (and for the upteenth time - this is NOT referring to a joomla profile - it's an account profile). We need this element for many reasons I don't need to explain.

What I also need as much as having this fixed is to understand why it would stop working when it worked well for months.

Also, and very importantly, on the production website (and on the test site you will be working on as it started out as a clone of the production site) we have now discovered several account profiles that are missing. The website owner checked with some of the people to whom those account profiles belonged and they did not delete them. I have my suspicions as to what it might be, but due to childish comments being posted here by you know who you are, I'm not going to go into any more detail here.

Last edited:
I'm back.

Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce the issue. Which front end menu, who I need to be logged in as, etc.

-- hugh

And, the user plugin only works with the Joomla user component, so this is tied to the Joomla user component if you are using the Fabrik user plugin. So, eve if you are using Fabrik to create a more robust user profile, as many do, you are still using the Joomla component for the actually user identity to Joomla.
And, please restrain yourself from accusatory remarks as all people on the forum are simply trying to help you with your issue. If you want to vent about time to answer, you can email me again, but please don't bombard the helpful souls on this forum.
We are all just trying to help you.

Mediaateam,

I am only stating facts. I'm sorry if you don't like them, but that's not my problem - they are the facts. Your other forum members are the ones who make snide remarks and who are attacking me personally like the immature little mean kids attacking someone outside of their group in school yard. That is NOT being helpful or even trying to be helpful. Read their comments and reprimand them, not me. They need to stick to the facts. (A) I have a right to be upset that it has taken over 15 days to get help from Fabrik and (B) I will say so and have a right and a duty to do so - all of which are facts. I don't care how much Fabrik charges, if support is promised in 3 days it needs to happen in 3 days. If they/you need to charge more to give proper support, then they/you should do so, but they/you need to do as they promise - not just if they/you feel like or if they/you like the customer. And if they/you don't I'm going to point out they are not fulfilling their promise, it's not my problem. This lack of caring about me and my customers has cost us all business as well as thousands and thousands of dollars. These are not accusatory remarks, they are FACTS!

Hugh,

I listed the steps two times already in this thread. I don't have time to keep repeating everything I say. I know you are busy but so am I.

But here they are one more time. Also I mispoke when I said the joomla user plugin, I should have said the user element seems to be the issue. I have said all along I am NOT talking about the joomla profile, I'm talking about an account profile not tied to the joomla profile.

These are the steps.

1. Register on the website (which is a Joomla registration of name and email address only.) I already did this for the user I set up for Fabrik.
2. Activate the registration by clicking on the link in an email message. (I did this for the superuser I set up for Fabrik)
3. login, which automatically take you to the account profile page.
4. set up a new account profile. (right now this cannot be done for a new user)

Because a new user cannot add an account profile, they cannot or should not be able to add pet information or submit new custom orders.

And as I have said several times, this worked great for months, and suddenly stopped working when no changes had been made to Fabrik or the website. Extension version were updated, but that's it. I need to know why Fabrik will suddenly stop working (by that I mean the forms can't be filled out, links are not correct, table entries are missing when the users said they did not delete them, etc. when no changes were made to it.

It's important to find out why some account profiles are missing when users said they didn't delete them. I have a list of them, but I'm not posting that private information here for all to see.

@kimbare - If Fabrik was working and the only change is that you have updated other extensions, it is probably a conflict. We will review your test site only, we will not touch the live site. If we find it's the problem of you haven't updated Joomla and Fabrik when you updated other extensions, we will first request that you get those updated before we can continue. We will post here after reviewing the test site.

Also, and very importantly, on the production website (and on the test site you will be working on as it started out as a clone of the production site) we have now discovered several account profiles that are missing. The website owner checked with some of the people to whom those account profiles belonged and they did not delete them. I have my suspicions as to what it might be, but due to childish comments being posted here by you know who you are, I'm not going to go into any more detail here.

@kimbare - Just to be perfectly clear, no one has touched your production website. we only work on your test site, so any changes to the production site are not from us.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back