• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Bizarre disappearing records

nclaypool

I have a system that is only used by a few people to enter records for a program they administer throughout our service area. One of the things they record is what's called a session, a single visit, indicated where it was held, which grouping of sessions it was a part of, when it took place, and what families and children attended. This was working flawlessly up until recently when the user reached out to me in a panic because she thought she had deleted all the sessions. This would be impossible as that user isn't equipped with deletion rights.

So I logged into the system and the records were still there. It had paginated the results so I clicked on page 2, as soon as I did this the page said, "no records" and the pagination buttons disappeared. So I hit back on my browser, still no records. I tried going through the menus back to the sessions list, still no records. So I logged out and back in, now the records appeared again. I've now found that if I try to change anything on the list while viewing it, it will make the records disappear from view. Change the number of displayed records, they disappear. Try to apply a filter, they disappear. And nothing you do will make them return besides logging off and back on.

Other lists within the same site do not express this behavior, filtering and pagination behave normally. This list has several joined tables but that's not unusual for the entirety of the site. This list has no pre-filters whatsoever.

I'm running Joomla 3.9.1 with Fabrik version 3.9
I'm at a complete loss, I have no idea how this is happening or how to fix it? I can't say specifically that the problem started after an update as only a few people use this system and only just complained. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is the list called via menu item or e.g. via a related data button?
Do you have other lists or forms on this site (e.g. in a module)?
You can try to add
&limitstartX=0 (?limitstartX=0 if it's the first URL parameter)
to your URL (X= listid).

Is the list called via menu item or e.g. via a related data button?
Do you have other lists or forms on this site (e.g. in a module)?
You can try to add
&limitstartX=0 (?limitstartX=0 if it's the first URL parameter)
to your URL (X= listid).

It is called via a menu item. No other lists or forms on the such as module positions, its a list all by itself.
Tried your suggestion by going to the list and before changing any filters or anything else, adding the code you reference, unfortunately as soon as something changed after the fact, the records still disappeared.

I'll need to log in to your site and take a look. Can you find me on Skype (hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com).

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back