• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Diable Caching for Content Plugin Forms

aijosh

Hello,

The submit button of all content plugin forms stops working when I enable Joomla Caching. (Also number 1 shows below all the forms)

How do I get them to work? (And remove the "1")

Thanks

Hmm, I can't replicate that. Never had any issues with the main cache. Just re-tested with a couple of articles with form plugins in them, they work fine. What cache handler are you using, and what system cache (off, conservative, progressive). I use progressive.

Fabrik won't work with the page cache plugin. Not much we can do about it, as it entirely bypasses extensions, and really only works for static content.

-- hugh

Hmm, I can't replicate that
try clearing your browser cache using the developer tool and also do a Cntrl-F5 after enabling the Joomla cache. The site might still be running on the old config.

Also have an issue with the fileupload element either becoming no more visible, or loosing the top part that carries the preview, progress bar, delete buttons OR the delete button not working.

These behaviours stop if I delete the com_fabrik_cacheids

Last edited:
try clearing your browser cache using the developer tool and also do a Cntrl-F5 after enabling the Joomla cache. The site might still be running on the old config.

Well, there's nothing to reload, as I always run with caching enabled, using progressive caching. I just re-tested my article test cases to make sure no issues had crept in with recent !J updates, etc.

OK, I'll do some more testing over the weekend, like switching to conservative.

I'm confident it all works with caching, as we have a lot (like, a lot!) of sites that use caching, that have articles with plugins, modules, etc. But obviously there's something going on with your setup, I just need to be able to replicate it here.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back