• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

How to solve the Invalid Token issue for search forms

aijosh

Hello,

I switched on Joomla cache and I'm now getting an Invalid Token page when I use the search form.

This only happens for visitors not logged in.

I'm refereref to the system cache in global configuration.

I had to disable page cache cos it wasn't allowing login using the login module on first try. It throws an error but works on second attempt.

OK.

One quick way to work around your caching issues would be to disable caching in the Fabrik global options (Options button top right of any top level back end admin page in Fabrik, then "Disable Caching" near the top of the main Options tab). Obviously means you then don't get the advantage of caching within Fabrik, but allows you to still cache everything else, and should get you going while we figure out what's going on.

Just FYI, Fabrik won't ever work with the system cache plugin, as it completely bypasses extensions. The system plugin just looks at the request's route, and decides if it has served up that page recently (like option=com_fabrik, view=form, formid=123), and if so returns the entire page from cache. It doesn't give the extension(s) involved with building that page any say in the matter. As so much of what Fabrik does is dynamic, and changes from page load to page load even with the same route, it just isn't copacetic.

The global cache, on the other hand, is a setting that extensions get to decide what to do with. So when loading a view, we look to see if caching is enabled in J! (and "Disable Caching" isn't set in Fabrik's options), and if so we decide for ourself whether it's safe to serve up that view from cache or not.

-- hugh

:( Switching of caching makes the site very very very slow. Its really not an option.
I had to rework most of the content plugin forms to regular form pages but this is not feasible for two of the forms so I'm stuck with those two.

If I don't have another option i'll have to turn the caching off but really, the site then becomes unuseable cos really saying the site is slow is an understatement so its the same as leaving it on with the forms not working.

=================
At least you should have been able to replicate the fileupload element loosing its previously uploaded image (if it was empty before the cache was switched on) or you being unable to delete the previously uploaded image (if there was an image before the cache was turned on :::: the image deletes ok and doesn't show in detail view but is constantly showing that an image is present in the form view no matter how many times you click the delete icon. Once you submit the form, it returns)

My fileupload element uses ajax upload, and max files 1

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back