• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Lockrow in joined lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

I have lockrow plugins in a joined list.
It nearly works, but in a kind of back to front manner!

The owner of an unlocked row receives the correct message when opening a form to edit ("This record is being locked for your use. Nobody else can edit this record till you submit it. The record will stay locked for 60 minutes. If you don't submit within that time, the record will become unlocked and editable others, and you will no longer be able to submit this form").

The locked padlock icon shows in the list view, for other users.

A second user also receives the correct message when opening the same "locked" form / row id. ("This record is locked by another user, you cannot edit it").

But, if the second user ignores the warning message, and saves the edited form, the form is submitted successfully, with the success message.
And when the original owner subsequently submits the open form, they receive the "Record locking is enabled on this data, but your submitted form does not have the correct lock token, so your form has not been submitted. Please contact the administrators. Sorry, but you are not authorised to edit this record" message.

When returning to the list view, the second user now owns the form (and can unlock the form with the padlock icon). And the locked padlock is displayed in the list view of original owner.

The plugin works as it is expected to in lists without joins.

Is there anyway to correct this?

Thank you

I never tried it with joins. No idea what might be going on.

Is your 'lockrow' element on the main table, or the joined table?

-- hugh

Hi.
As an update, it turned out I had a group in the main table set to read only.
Setting it to shown has fixed this particular issue.
There are other issues that I'm working through,

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back