• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Best way to migrate Fabrik

jo-ka

Hello.

I'm building a Fabrik application which I would have to distrubute to multiple Joomla websites.

Which is the best way to export all Fabrik development between multiple sites?

Thanks in advance.

I've done this a few times using cPanel - this method is foolproof imho!
  1. Zip your root directory (inc all files and folders) and download it
  2. In phpMyAdmin open your DB > Export > SQL > download and save the file
  3. Go to your new host / account
  4. Use the MySql DB wizard to create a new DB and User - save the username / dbname and password in a txt file
  5. Upload the zip root dir and uncompress - change the joomla config file to match your new DB credentials from step 4
  6. Import the sql file created in step 2 into the new DB using phpmyadmin
  7. If import is successful login to Joomla > Fabrik > connections > Update the connection string to your new DB credentials from step 4
  8. There ya go!

This is very old school method.
Instead use Akeeba backup.
But I think question is not about backup/restore Joomla! site.

First: I hope it is ok that I post in this thread?
It is mostly a questions to troester's link on migrate.

Question a)
Would it be allowed to export between Fabrik 3.8.1->3.9, the following tables
fabrik_elements,
fabrik_formgroups
fabrik_forms
fabrik_groups
fabrik_joins
fabrik_lists
or would it require same version of Fabrik between PROD and TEST as referred in link.

In my case I have an empty fabrik installation. So would as per link drop the tables from the existing fabrik 3.9 and take the ones from fabrik 3.8.1

Structure wise the tables "seem to be the same".
Actually I tried this as a last attempt after I had an update issue (see background if you like) .
It "seems" to work, I can view data etc - with the connection id fixed in the fabrik_lists table.
However,

1) Fabrik seems to have detected my wrong doing.
On creating a new list, select content type it sets up a warning :
"This content type was exported from Fabrik 3.8, where as your site is using 3.9. Whilst it will probably install without issue, it would be best to update the content type".
Question B ) Would there be any way to fix this ?
Question C) Is it even "allowed" to do so?

Background :
-----------------
First I'm totally new in Fabrik and Joomla, and servers as well - so I have a steep learning curve in front of me.
The background for my question is that I had a test server running Joomla 3.8.8 and updated it to Joomla 3.9. (I do have a backup)
Thereafter on update of the Fabrik, I had some issues related to improper php.ini and permission settings, leaving me not able to do updates.
Even after fixing these settings I have not been able to update Fabrik.
I tried on a different VMs and a local server as well, with other settings but have had similar issues (but this is a different story).
Of course I need to have this fixed in order for future updates to work via update.

a) yes, there are no structural changes, you can just copy
It "seems" to work, I can view data etc - with the connection id fixed in the fabrik_lists table.
Do you mean you have altered the #_fabrik_lists table manually (via phpMyAdmin)? DON'T do this.
If you are copying the fabrik tables you must afterwards open Fabrik Connections (in Joomla backend) and open, adapt database parameters and resave the connection (ID 1).

B) It's only a hint you can ignore. But if you were using the "default" content type (not a content type exported by yourself in an older version) this means that you have a mix up with your Fabrik files, some are version3.9, some still 3.8.1.
What was the problem with your update? Try to download the Fabik3.9 package and install again.

A) Ok noted for copy. Procedure that I did:
In my Joomla 3.8.8 environment, I exported the 3.8.1 Fabrik 6 mentioned tables. I didn't export the fabrik_connection table.
On a different machine, I installed Joomla 3.9 + Fabrik 3.9. In phpmyadmin I dropped the 6 before mentioned Fabrik 3.9 tables and imported instead the 6 Fabrik 3.8.1 tables.
In new Joomla 3.9 backend I created a connection to the db needed for my list and tested the connection.
This id was 3 in my previous setup - but now a 2, (because it is a test database and I have been experimenting a bit and had more connections). I guess I should have just imported this table as well.
So therefore I changed, inside the relevant fabrik_lists, the connection_id column=2 for the particular list.
But ok, I will not do that.

B) Noted on warning. I did not use a content type I exported myself as per your link in post above (http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/content-type/) .
I did not move my Fabrik files, only the db tabels.

My problem on the update was initially a too low upload_max_filesize/memory_limit. Both were set too way too low. My mistake of course, I should have checked it more carefully.
Error said something about : Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /var/www/html/plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php on line 510
I also had issues on ownership of some files, they should have been apache but were root, so there were issues on copying files from the /tmp folder

After trying to install where thing went wrong due to above, Fabrik dissapeared from the components dropdown.
After fixing issues above, on install in the manage ->install , upload package file, after a few seconds I am back at the "upload package file".
But nothing has been installed. error_log says something about:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught JDatabaseExceptionExecuting: Table 'joomla_users' was not locked with LOCK TABLES in /var/www/html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:661\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php(1455): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->execute()\n#1 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Table/User.php(86): JDatabaseDriver->loadAssoc()\n#2 /var/www/html/libraries/src/User/User.php(883): Joomla\\CMS\\Table\\User->load('861')\n#3 /var/www/html/libraries/src/User/User.php(946): Joomla\\CMS\\User\\User->load('861')\n#4 [internal function]: Joomla\\CMS\\User\\User->__wakeup()\n#5 /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Registry.php(89): unserialize('O:8:"stdClass":...')\n#6 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Session/Session.php(386): Joomla\\Registry\\Registry->__clone()\n#7 /var/www/html/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php(189): Joomla\\CMS\\Session\\Session->getData()\n#8 [internal function]: JSessionHandlerNative->save()\n#9 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 661, referer: http://localhost/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer
[Thu Nov 22 14:49:39.786997 2018] [php7:warn] [pid 5065] [client ::1:32824] PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: /var/lib/php/session) in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://localhost/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer

I use another joomla 3.9 compatible component and it has the same issue on install - so it is not a Fabrik issue.
Also it is not a problem on joomla 3.9 fresh install with Fabrik and other component on top of this.

I just think something is broken. Therefore I wanted to start from fresh. (with some more awaress of permissions, sizes and a more tidyness from now on ;-)).
I think also due to B) I will reconfigure everything again.
Thanks for your help troester!

Hi
Troester

I read the link on updating existing fabrika form etc. The topic only discusses the export part but nothing on how to import the exported file. Appreciate any help on this. Thank you

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back