• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Cascading dropdown doesn't work after updated to 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, the problem is that your T3 framework is automatically applying the "Chosen" jQuery plugin to all dropdowns on your page, turning them from plain HTML dropdowns into the enhanced Chosen style ones, with the additional features (like search). My copy of T3 / Purity III doesn't do that, it may be an option somewhere in the template settings.

And the problem with that is, the Chosen dropdowns don't correctly fire JS events. So, for example, a Fabrik CDD element that "watches" a database join dropdown for a 'change' event, so it knows to fire off the AJAX call to rebuild the CDD options, never gets that 'change' event, because the altered dropdown isn't firing it.

We do have code to handle that, but we only run it if Fabrik itself knows that it is changing a dropdown to be "enhanced" with Chosen.

So ... if you go to the Fabrik global options, under the Form tab, and set "Enhanced Dropdowns" to "Yes", Fabrik should then know to add the code we need to fix the issue with the Chosen dropdowns, and fire the correct JS events.

-- hugh

I know the reason now. It is OK now when I set "Optimize JS" to OFF in T3 template "general" menu.

Attachments

• JS-off.gif
    JS-off.gif
    65.5 KB · Views: 121
Ah, OK. Yeah, I never use any of those "optimize JS" type features in templates. They invariably cause problems.

-- hugh

This occurred again.It is not optimize JS problem,not K2 plugin problem,even open Enhanced Dropdowns couldn'r solve problem.Only when I clear cache from backend it will becomes ok.But soon it occurrs again. What a obstinate problem it is!
Refer link :

Thanks troester,
Now I think the reason should be caused by multidomain extensiton MightySites. So I turn off System Cache in MightySites domains setting.Then runing now.I will continue monitor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back