• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

More than 1 list from same database.

masfoto

Good day,

Is there any possibility to create more than 1 list from same database/ table?
Something like: new list -->new item, and than choice group/ table and choice field what I need to show in the list. I didn't found any solution to show data in second list from same database/ table created with fabrik. I need it to show prefiltered data for statistics. Any idea how to realize this? Thanks in advance!

There should be a lot of threads about this.

You can link as many Fabrik lists to one database table as you like (and then add different access setting, enable/disable different elements, add different prefilters, list plugins ...).

Two ways to do this:
Copy your list (this will create a new set of form/groups/elements)
or
Add a new list and select the existing database table.

If you only need different pre-filters (and/or different elements shown in list view) you can do this with one singe list and multiple menu items: set "Fabrik List Options"

Troester, thanks a lot for fast answer!

I have tried already to copy the list, but I see only column names, no data was loaded.
I think, I didn't find a way to connect to existing database table, because I saw some new elements with copied group. I will try all 3 options today evening. Last one will be the solution for me. If I have understood, in menu options of joomla I can change filter and enable and disable elements. That must be pretty easy and effective. Thanks a lot! Can't wait to try it out))). Have a nice weekend Troester!

If you copy your list both are pointing to the same underlying database table, both showing the existing data. So I don't understand what you mean with "no data was loaded".

But the solution with multiple menu items is the simplest way if you only need different pre-filters.

Thank you Troester!

Solution with multiple menu items works super fine!
I saw that I can't use group by option predefined via menu. I will try today evening option to copy whole list and predefine group by specific field. I guess, I did something wrong, that's why option with copied list did not work. Is there ppssibility to reduse insert data in form for the same table? Like in list via menu options: select field items what I want to show or only option is to copy list + form and modify form fields?

Is there ppssibility to reduse insert data in form for the same table
Therefore copy your list.
upload_2020-10-24_11-17-47.png

The new elements are "childs", linked to their parents, but you can unlink them by editing and checking the checkbox.
Without unlinking you can already disable them or remove from list view.
An unliked element can be edited as usual, so setting individual access settings, validations, element labels (not names!)...

Hello Troester you have helped me a lot! When I copy lists, I get empty rows (see the picture). Only after selection of items from menu I get my fields in list. But it working super good!

Attachments

• EMPTY_LIST.jpg
    EMPTY_LIST.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 76
Obviously the data is loaded (you get multiple rows) but you don't have any element set to display is list view.
So check your element settings:
Are they enabled? (Maybe you have in Fabrik Options/Global activated "unpublish cloned elements"?)
Are the ones you want to show in list view set to show?

Hi Troester, Thanks for your reaction! I have checked Global options and that's not the reason: "Unpublish cloned elements" option is set to NO.
Normaly, all elements set (Show in List and Published). I don't know why it happens before, but when I have copied last time the list, I got all the elements including rows in my front-end.
I did not found any reason why it was happens before. I guess it's my fault or ignorance. I will do more tests and if I will found the reason why it was not working before, I will post it here for other users. Any way, lot of thanks for helping me out.
And selection of elements in menu works perfect and fulfill all my needs so far! :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back