• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Build core system for school

saovry

Keep Learning
Dear,
I hope someone can advise a best to build this system and easy to maintain for future..
I want to build system for school for example
+2019-2020
- Pres-School (6 students)
- N1 (6 students)
- N2 (6 students)
- K1 (6 students)
-K2 (6 students)
- Primary 1 (6 students)
- Primary 2 (6 students)
- Primary 3 (6 students)
- Primary 4 (6 students)
- Primary 5 (6 students)
- Primary 6 (6 students)
- Grade 7 (6 students)
- Grade 8 (6 students)
- Grade 9 (6 students)
- Grade 10 (6 students)
- Grade 11 (6 students)
- Grade 12 (6 students)

+2020-2021 (New Academic)
* Now the class start the new academic 2019-2020?
1. How could we can add students from 2019-2020 to new academic for 2020-2021?
2. with new Academic there are someone students will not pass and still the same class?
3. Maybe some students will transfer from another school to our class also.
4. If school want to check student for 2019-2020, or old years what should we do?

There are 4 points that I am thinking and I plan to build it (List, form, element and plugin).
Someone can advise me about this...

Just one way to approach this, I think you should have a separate list with academic periods including IsActivePeriod? element which says which period is currently active.
And databasejoin element referring to that list from the Students table.

Then, when the academic period ends, you will mark the next period as active in Periods table.
And then you could have a list php plugin:
1) You would choose the students from the list who should be transferred to a new period.
2) Loop through the students and insert the selected ones as new rows with a new period.

And later you can of course change the period for students manually if necessary.

With this approach you would have all the students->periods in one table and you can e.g. add an prefilter to show only students with active period etc.

That of course needs some PHP coding, but I cannot see any reasonable way of doing this just by using Fabrik core features.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back