Massive error log! [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently discovered that the error_log file in my Fabrik test site is 868MB!! The site works fine, though.

The log starts on the day I installed the test site and there appear to be a couple of hundred entries for every day, at all hours.

They are almost all either "PHP Deprecated" or "PHP Notice" messages. Examples below.

PHP Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /home/amdramse/public_html/fabrik/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 4534

PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/amdramse/public_html/fabrik/modules/mod_fabrik_list/mod_fabrik_list.php on line 132

I'm using the latest version of Joomla 3.10 and Fabrik 3.10 with PHP 7.4

I've also got the same set-up on another live site but the error log there is minimal.

It's not really a big problem as everything is working fine and I guess I can simply delete most of the error log to save space, but anyone got any ideas on why and how to stop it?

Thanks.

1. These are only warnings/notices, they only should show if Joomla error reporting is set to max.

2. components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 4534 was already fixed in Fabrik3.10, so it looks you are still running Fabri3.9 (which is not php7.4 ready)

OK, thanks @troester

Strangely, error reporting is set to system default and I installed Fabrik 3.10 the day after it was released, but that error line was many months ago anyway. It doesn't really matter, I was just curious!

If it's an "old" entry I assume it started when you switched to php7.4.
Do a log rotate (via server or just rename the big log file, it will then create a new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back