Search results

1. cheesegrits

JoomPush plugin

I made a thing! Here's a video about a new plugin we're releasing, which provides push notifications by integrating with the JoomPush extension. The new plugin is available in github, and will be released as an installable ZIP soon. I'm posting this in Community for now, while I experiment...
  2. cheesegrits

Change of github branch name for 3.0 from 'master' to 'joomla25'

On Aug 13th, 2014, we changed the github branch name of Fabrik 3.0 (for Joomla 2.5) from 'master' to 'joomla25', and removed all the other testing branches which have built up over the last few years. This only affects you if: a) You have your own fork or clone of our repository. We can't...
  3. cheesegrits

Podcast

Just in case anyone is interested, I ported forward a couple of tweaks to our RSS feed mechanism from 2.x to 3.x yesterday, which now make it possible to podcast a list feed. Basically, any file upload element enabled in an RSS feed now adds the "enclosure" tag in the RSS, so it can be read by...
  4. cheesegrits

3.0 pre-Alpha

We'll be putting up the first 3.0 install ZIP within the next few days (or so). Watch this >>> <<< space for details. -- hugh
  5. cheesegrits

Can I use MySQL 'views' as Fabrik tables?

NOTE - this was written and tested on Fabrik 2.0, but should work on 1.0.x as well. Yes, you can use MySQL 'views' as Fabrik tables. A MySQL 'view' is essentially a 'fake' table, that allows you to add additional columns which (for instance) can be calculations performed on other columns in...
  6. cheesegrits

How can I make a custom PHP validation script?

Sometimes you need to do custom validation on a form which just can't be done with a regular expression (regex). As of SVN rev# 1032 of Fabrik 1.0.6, you can now raise validation errors from your form submit scripts, as long as they are "As soon as form is submitted (simple eval)", by setting...
  7. cheesegrits

How do I create a Podcast in Fabrik?

Some recent changes to Fabrik 1.0.6 (as of SVN revision 1018) allow you to create simple audio Podcasts. At the moment, we're just supporting simple MP3's, but will be adding other audio and video types soon. Here's how (it should only take about five or ten minutes to create and test a...
  8. cheesegrits

How do I open/close my support threads?

When you post a support thread, and it has been answered to your satisfaction, you should close the thread using the Thread Tools menu. Members of staff will also often close threads after answering them, or if there is no response from you after a couple of weeks. If you need to re-open a...
  9. cheesegrits

New tutorial experiment

I'm experimenting with a new tool for building tutorials. My first draft attempt at a basic tutorial to go with the 'Contact Us' sample data is at: http://fabrikar.com/media/tutorials/contact1/contact_us.htm It is very much a first hack at this stuff, and far from perfect. But I found the...
  10. cheesegrits

Changed DETAILURLDESC

I'm going to try and remember to post any additions or changes I make to the English language files, to help folk who maintain other translations keep their up to date. Version 1.0.5 define("DETAILURLDESC", "Optional link to use for detailed record view. Rowid will be appended. Can use...
  11. cheesegrits

Why won't my form submit?

If you just installed Fabrik and are having trouble submitting forms because "this form is not published", even though you've checked and all the elements, form and table are published ... your problem is most likely because you have your 'live site' in your Joomla config.php set to something...
  12. cheesegrits

How can I get email notification in the Fabrik forums?

If you want to be notified immediately by email when anyone posts in a thread on the Fabrik forums that you either started or have posted in: Go to your User CP. Click on Edit Options, half way down the left column. Set your Default Thread Subscription Mode to Instant Email Notification...
  13. cheesegrits

Unfuddle Test thread - ignore

Thread for testing Unfuddle integration. Ignore. So why are you reading this??? Go away! Get a life! Take up a hobby! -- hugh
  14. cheesegrits

IMPORTANT: Open / Closed Issues

As of 4/29/2008 we implemented a new Open / Closed Issues system in this forum, to allow us to better track support questions. The only way we could bootstrap the new system was by initially marking all threads as closed. This obviously means that a lot of currently active support threads will...
  15. cheesegrits

MOVED: Fatal error: Class 'JDatabaseMySQL' not found error

This topic has been moved to Fabrik 2.0SVN. http://www.fabrikar.com/forum/index.php?topic=2249.0
  16. cheesegrits

Last call for bugs before 1.05 release

If anyone has any last minute bug fixes or outstanding issues with 1.04, Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace. Or at least hold it until 1.05 is out. We'd like to get 1.05 rolled out over the next day or two, based on the latest 1.04 SVN. The final bugfix we are currently working on are the...
  17. cheesegrits

MOVED: Custom template help

This topic has been moved to General usage. http://www.fabrikar.com/forum/index.php?topic=1516.0
  18. cheesegrits

How do I install the Contact Us example?

If you missed the cleverly hidden link to install the Contact Us example when installing Fabrik, you can load it at any time by using this URL: http://your.site/administrator/index2.php?option=com_fabrik&task=installSampleData Obligatory Do Not Dry Dog In Microwave Disclaimer: change...
  19. cheesegrits

Any CSS gurus want to help me?

I need a CSS guru - or at least, someone who knows more about CSS than I do (which isn't hard!!) - who can lend a hand. I'm trying to redo the checkbox / radio button layout so it uses CSS instead of HTML tables, and it's driving me CRAZY!!!!! I'm using the table, table-row and table-cell...
  20. cheesegrits

How do I create a custom template?

This is NOT a comprehensive guide to customizing templates! It is just a simple description of how to start the process. You should NEVER edit the standard templates that come with Fabrik. If you do this, you will lose all your changes the next time you update Fabrik. Pick the table or form...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back