• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. tcranford

Extension Manager update from 3.6 to 3.7

I'm having difficulties updating my development site from Fabrik 3.6 to 3.7 using Extension Manager. It appears that all installed correctly except Administrator com_fabrik. Attachment one shows the failure in Extension Manager. Warning: Copy file failed. My associated test site updated...
  2. tcranford

"Failed to parse time string" with custom Form template

I'm having an issue with dates in a custom form template that doesn't appear when using the standard bootstrap form template. The date field has a single "notempty" validation rule. When I enter a mm-dd-yyyy date (no time component) and select "Save" it throws the following error...
  3. tcranford

Dropdown checkbox combo

I've had success creating a data driven multi-select dropdown using the traditional ctrl-click interface to select multiple entries. Now I'm looking for a potential alternative that may be somewhat more obvious for a user to select entries. My challenge is that my list could be rather lengthy...
  4. tcranford

Advice needed - Complex multi-page search

Greetings All, I'm about to start work on a complex search form operating on very large tables. I'd like to get some advice on the best approach to tackle this within Fabrik. Assume that I will always be on the current stable rev of both J! and Fabrik. Requirements - Multi-page form Page 1 -...
  5. tcranford

Advice needed on a site-wide EULA

I'm looking for advice on setting up a site-wide End User License Agreement (EULA). Our website has both a marketing side and a registered user side. We have several levels of registered users for each organization that signs with us with the top level being a "manager" for the registered...
  6. tcranford

Site migration problems

Greetings, I'm attempting to migrate my Fabrik application from one site to another. The old site is running on F3.3.3 and the new on F3.3.4. I've moved over all #_fabrik tables from the old site to the new and in general that looks to have been successful in that I see all of my Elements...
  7. tcranford

juser Form plugin and optional password

Greetings, I'm looking for advice with using the jUser form plugin tied to J! user. The form works great for adding users however I'm having an issue on editing a user where the password field is NOT blank coming into the form. My understanding is that password is optional on an edit and...
  8. tcranford

Date formating in content plugin

Is it possible to do date formatting within an article that has fabrik placeholders? I have a date element that is placed in an article along with a list. The format of the date element that is pulled from the table and displayed is "m-d-Y" however it is displayed in sql format yyyy-mm-dd...
  9. tcranford

Prefilter being reset in list

Greetings, I?m having an issue with a list prefilter that I?ve set being reset after usage of list PHP plugin. My setup is as follows: I?ve got a simple list (no joins) tied to a menu using Fabrik ? I?ve added a PHP plugin to the list that allows me to toggle a single cell on the row within...
  10. tcranford

Need one-click toggle of row in list

I would like to have the ability to select an individual cell in a list and toggle a value on or off, for example...given a list of customers have a column called "Watch" where the end user can toggle the state (to watch or not watch) a given customer. I've tried in-line editing (too many...
  11. tcranford

How to limit the number of "adds" in a one-to-many dbjoin

Greetings, Looking for some advice on how best to limit the number of adds that can happen on a one-to-many dbjoined list. I'm trying to build into our site the ability for an admin to create a customer and allow that customer to manage their profile as well as the ability to create up to three...
  12. tcranford

Select Details from List takes me to a blank form

Greetings, I've been struggling with this issue for WAY too long and need a fresh pair of eyes to help tell me what I did wrong. I've got a custom search form that redirects to a list which works great. I get the expected results. Now when I select the display icon on any of the rows I'm always...
  13. tcranford

Need advice on custom search form

Ok, I've successfully created a custom search form that redirects and filters a list using the search data. Looks and works great. However, I really would like to keep the search form and list on the same page...so, the route that I've started to go down was to create an article (linked to a...
  14. tcranford

[Solved]Problems with PHP Validate when used with Redirection

Greetings all, I've built a search form that passes filtering to a fabrik table using the redirect plug-in that works great. When I add PHP validation to the form (along with the redirect) the validation works great and I'm redirected to the form/table however the table contents aren't updated...
  15. tcranford

List Event on Attachment Read

Just getting back into working with Fabrik and needing some advice. I have a list of records shown on the front end where each record has one to three attachements. The front end view uses a Fabrik list. I'd like to be able to determine if an end-user downloaded any of the attachments. I...
  16. tcranford

Problem with submit when form used in article

Greetings all, Having an issue where my survey form's submit button doesn't work when the form is pulled into an article using the content fabrik plug-in. The survey form works correctly (submit button works) when the form is linked directly to a menu. Note that this is a new install of both...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back