Search results

1. TonyBenedetti

Get table name & form name from common code invoked by form_XX.js

I've already learned from Hugh over in another thread how to load that common code. Thanks again, Hugh. But I would like my form_XX.js files to be as "skinny" as possible so that I can use a crop of functions in a single "common.js" file. I have several similar forms (with the possibility of...
  2. TonyBenedetti

Using common Javascript code in several form_xx.js files

I'd like to use a chunk of public domain code in several form_xx.js files. But if possible I'd like to have only 1 copy of the js to avoid maintaining it several times over. It is a rather elaborate set of 60+ functions that converts dates expressed in one calendar system to another (Gregorian...
  3. TonyBenedetti

Fabric 3.8 element Javascript problem

Looks like the Purity III template might have the same problem as described in the "fabric 3.8 element javascript problem" thread over in the Standard Support forum. The inline Javascript doesn't fire if the radio button is a button group. I started out with a call to my form_##.js and...
  4. TonyBenedetti

form_X.js

I'm a bit confused about how to arrange the code in my form_23.js file. I would like to move the JS from each of the "on" events into the external file. My confusion stems from: Why do examples in the forum use:requirejs(['fab/fabrik'], function() { but the wiki shows "Fabrik" as a...
  5. TonyBenedetti

setLabel

I have the following code in both the "on load" and "on click" events of a radio button group. The value and label are identical for each button (e.g., "Month", "Quarter", etc.) -- adding "_raw" doesn't make any difference. The element whose label I am trying to change is a...
  6. TonyBenedetti

Is it "elements" or "formElements"?

In the Wiki entry for Elements, it looks to me like "elements" has replaced "getElements" but I continue to see code examples in the forums that use "getElements". Does it make a difference or is one simply an alias for the other?
  7. TonyBenedetti

Is there a "right" directory to place XXX.php ?

I'm using a PHP class in a Fabrik calc element to pluralize nouns. Currently, I have the class in a .php file stuck in a "non-Fabric" directory just below the JPATH_ROOT and I "require_once" the file at the top of the calc element's calculation. If this was a javascript routine, I would stick...
  8. TonyBenedetti

Did fix for hiding tabs make it into 3.6 ?

Did this commit make it into Fabrik 3.6? I'm not depending on it, but I think it would make my site prettier. https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/7df9aff2bf3a7cd012aacca01fe0ce83697b9593 I frankly don't understand the github process but swear I will learn ... I swear, I swear.
  9. TonyBenedetti

Possible Problem - Generated CSS class names

FWIW --I was stumbling around in the HTML generated for a radio button group and found what may(?) be a problem. Note that in the snippet below, the label "Single Date" shows up as 2 classes -- "fabrikgrid_Single" and "Date". I guess the problem would surface if a site actually had a class...
  10. TonyBenedetti

Curiosity - Why don't lists & forms have both a "name" and a "label"?

And why is the "label" referred to as "title" on the Layout tab?
  11. TonyBenedetti

Duplicating a list?

Rob/Cheesegrits ... a few years ago I was working on a project which I abandoned/neglected all this while because "real life" got in the way --- I'm just a hobbyist programmer (although I wrote code for a living at IBM for 35 years before "retiring"). Back in January 2011, I asked a question...
  12. TonyBenedetti

Five files are giving me fits

For reasons that I can't comprehend the following 5 files seemingly disappear the instant after I transfer them from my local machine to the server. C:\Users\Tony Benedetti\Documents\GitHub\fabrik\components\com_fabrik\models\element.php C:\Users\Tony...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back