• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. skyrun

upgrading db from mysql 5.6->5.7 generates invalid query (weird)

of course that's exactly it!! you're a lifesaver troester. fabrik can't join from another db and my fabrik connection still points to the prod db... duh. i wouldn't have thought of that in a million years.
  2. skyrun

upgrading db from mysql 5.6->5.7 generates invalid query (weird)

i have the same fabrik code (elements/lists/etc) on 2 databases (on 2 servers). one is 5.6 one is testing an update/migration to mysql 5.7. when i connect joomla to the 5.6 one, everything works as normal. i have a databasejoin element to lookup a userid on jos_users that fabrik generates...
  3. skyrun

redirect form plugin seems to be adding ?/ to the front of the path

thanks SO MUCH for monitoring the forums and letting me know what's up with this. if it helps, i would be happy to throw $100 at this. or could one of my developers get on github and propose a change to fabrik?
  4. skyrun

redirect form plugin seems to be adding ?/ to the front of the path

it is setting the path to https://my.domain.com/?/skytrax-manage/owner-portal/owner-portal-tab-configuration when the path in the redirect plugin is set to skytrax-manage/owner-portal/owner-portal-tab-configuration. (and fabrik/joomla running in my.domain.com) this is new behavior from a...
  5. skyrun

@mediaateam - professional support

first, i would gladly pay $3k/yr for fabrik support. but i suspect i may be in the minority. a donate button isn't going to work... first suggestion: make the old 'professional' available again at $3K/yr and see, you may be surprised. if nothing else you'll have $3K from me ;-) and i...
  6. skyrun

What's wrong with the creator's of Fabrik

i agree with you about the broken links an no easy path for newbies to fabrik. i've been using fabrik for 10+ years now, and i would just say 'stick with it', it's 110% worth it... also would say a strong development background in php and js (and some joomla) will help. if someone doesn't...
  7. skyrun

i can no longer post to 'professional support' forum (did yesterday).

has my subscription expired? if so i would be happy to renew, but can't figure out how on the fabrik website or here. also fyi,the link'your fabrik account' is broke.
  8. skyrun

tag element type (on a form) doesn't work on mobile browsers

tried advanced dropdown yes and no, tried different bootstrap classes. it works fine on a pc browser (can typeahead and select tags), but on a mobile brower (tried safari and chrome on an iphone and chrome on android), the element shows '0 items' and when you select it, gives an empty list to...
  9. skyrun

with latest github update, return $_REQUEST['anything']; in an element causes error

some updates. first, if i set allow fabrikdebug to NO or YES, then these errors go away. only when i set it to 'debug js' does the issue show. second, if i erase the language ini file, the error changes to: Error An error has occurred with a eval'd field - please inform the web-site owner...
  10. skyrun

selecting default selection(s) on a databasejoin multiselect element

can this be done either using the 'default' on the main options tab or eval options on the advanced tab? note that i'm using enhanced dropdowns and have only tested with that set to 'yes'. what i tried: using default on options tab: tried putting in multiple values for default like...
  11. skyrun

Creating a totally new form UI

Update on this: First, by outside of the joomla framework, i meant it runs outside of (not within) the joomla template/ui. yes, the joomla framework is there and available, but you can't create output using the php list plugin (not what it was designed to do). we created a fabrik list (and...
  12. skyrun

with latest github update, return $_REQUEST['anything']; in an element causes error

when my element has the evaled default of return $_REQUEST['anything'], it causes this error. An error has occurred with a eval'd field - please inform the web-site owner. Debug: Caught exception on eval of reservation_id: syntax error, unexpected '(' in...
  13. skyrun

only 1 cron/scheduled job runs

nothing in there when running these jobs. i do see some things in there from other jobs that say (for example) 8,Undefined variable: log,/home/skyrunftp/subdomains/breckenridge/httpdocs/v3/plugins/fabrik_form/php/scripts/departurelistreporthtml.php,1483 (that's the script i am pulling in with...
  14. skyrun

only 1 cron/scheduled job runs

i am pretty sure that if you schedule more than 1 scheduled job and they both are caused to run by the user hitting the site, that only the first one runs in that case. BUT the 'lastrun' time on all 3 are updated. there are no error messages. and in fact i get warnings, but only one ONE of...
  15. skyrun

Creating a totally new form UI

i want to use fabrik to maintain a (fabrik) list of items (pricing rules in my case). and when i open the form for that item, i present the user with a totally custom ui that can present a more user friendly way than a tradisional 'form' to populate the form data. i tried using a php list...
  16. skyrun

processing {plugins} in form input

thanks hugh, you're right that it is not fabrik. i've discovered that sourceerer (from regular labs) processes everything in joomla by default when the plugin is on. form text, and even form input that is output/included when the form is loaded. this seems like really dangerous behaviour to...
  17. skyrun

m. ok. seems like any joomla form would have it happen then if a {xxxxx} is in the data in the form... and i doubt it does. certainly doesn't when you use JCE or any of the editors when you put the {xxxxx}'s in. it doesn't render them. so i am still suspecting fabrik. it does it when i...
  18. skyrun

no joy. commented out that line, and it still processes joomla plugins on the input box on the form.
  19. skyrun

i can't seem to get it to stop processing plugins if they are in the content of a form field. works (ie shows the actual data, does not process the plugin) when i view the form on the backend, but when viewed on the front-end, the plugins are getting evaluated and the content displayed in the...
  20. skyrun

setting a form value (that sticks) with javascript in another element.

this works, but seems a bit redundant. seems i have to read the value using the DOM and then get the element pointer to call .update method on to update it for fabrik. /* only way to read to get current value */ var completeddate =...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back