• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. S

Using onAfterProcess brings back a link with date and not date

Thanks Hugh, Just back on this and thats the perfect answer.
  2. S

Using onAfterProcess brings back a link with date and not date

Hi, I am making up the body of an email which has a lot of conditions. So I am using onAfterProcess so I can assess the form answers and depending on some of them, send different email bodies. One field is a date field if($formData[app___date_time]){$body .= "Date of the form is " ...
  3. S

Adding an elements validation tot he main form validation message

Brilliant as always. We are using helix ultimate a lot now and all of Joomshapers have been bootstrap4 since February I think. Thanks for picking it up. No I had not spotted the joomla 2.5 bit... It was a long day
  4. S

Adding an elements validation tot he main form validation message

Hi. I have a form https://capitalfortune.sfclient.co.uk/contact-us I cannot seem to get the individual elements to show if not filled in above each ot them if then submit is hit and nothing or some not filled in. But the form error message does show. Ideally I would like to list in that message...
  5. S

Show unique records in list view with grouped items

Indeed it is when you know how... That was the elusive bit... Display mode in the Joins tab in the data area of the list... Merge rows and deduce data Works like a charm Thank you
  6. S

Show unique records in list view with grouped items

Hi Im sure its a simple thing and done all the time but I cannot get the right settings and so far forum searches have not yielded the answer so I hope someone can point me in the correct direction. I have a form which has a repeatable group in it. Its a booking forms and the majority on the...
  7. S

functions in a calc element

Thank you Hugh for a very well detailed answer which is both elegant and ....works That has indeed fixed the problem. I used my function again in another calc earlier and realised that the 500 I was getting was because of the double function decloration. I had not realised that just having it...
  8. S

functions in a calc element

I have made a calc element with several ajax watch elements and because there are several common areas of code I made some into functions in the calc element nd passed the watch elements to the function. All works beautifully doing the calculation and displaying the result...until I save, at...
  9. S

J!3.8.5 and Fabrik

If you want to test any sites with the latest Joomla before it comes out, obviously a copy of the site, then do get in touch. I run the CMS Release team so can give access as it happens to the alpha, beta and rcs . We encourage early pre release testing so when the release comes its a smooth...
  10. S

Since upgrading to 3.4.3 syntax error, unexpected '{' in calc elements

Hi, We upgraded to 3.4.3 and joomla 3.5.1 and php 7 and since then calculation elements that were workign find bring back a Error: 0 syntax error, unexpected '{' We have not changed the syntax and I can guarantee its the calc element as I have gone into a calc element, removed the login and...
  11. S

Dropdown extremely slow only in IE.... not usable - showstopper.

This is indeed a serious problem and effects dropdowns, checkboxes and radio button. We have a client who all use IE8 because their IT department wont allow them to install anything or upgrade. :( I have now tested this on IE8 and IE9 and they both have the same problem (although IE8 is much...
  12. S

AJAX calculation watch elements does not work on radio button groups

I have an AJAX calc element set to watch a radio button element and the calculation works correctly. However, when I change the radio button to display as a button group, it no longer triggers the AJAX calculation when changing the radio buttons. Any idea why this might be happening? I assume...
  13. S

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 1

Thanks Hugh, much appreciated! It sounds like an involved problem.
  14. S

Friendly bump :)
  15. S

I think this is related, I've found in some cases a database join returns an Array with one item and sometimes an int in PHP form plugin scripts. I cant workout what causes one or the other (maybe filters?) but it feels like this may be a more fundamental problem with database-like elements...
  16. S

Accessing Joomla User Groups with Placeholders

With the new ACL in J25, a user can now have many groups. Looking at the $user object, these groups are available in $user->groups so I expected to be able to access them with placeholders using the following: {$my->groups} However, this returns nothing and this is the reason why (parent.php...
  17. S

Thanks Hugh. I've been experimenting as well and the array issue is strange. I have now added a php plugin to process the data after juser has run and that also gets an array from JRequest. To make matters worse, the array contains the logged in user's id not the id of the user that was just...
  18. S

Is there any way to disable SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS?

OK, I understand. I've had a hack and got my page working for now by changing this: $calc_found_rows = $this->mergeJoinedData() ? '' : 'SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS'; To this: $calc_found_rows = JRequest::getInt('Itemid') == 368 ? '' : 'SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS'; Where 368 is the id of my problem...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back