• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. hominid4

[SOLVED] : Repeat Items' rows within the database are inserted out of order

I have two lists/tables: table_events id | event_name table_activities id | event_row_id | activity_name | activity_date 'table_activities' is joined into 'table_events' (event_row_id -> id) as a repeat group. When submitting these (for example) actities within the repeate group: Activity 1...
  2. hominid4

Joomla4/Fabrik4 PHP Validation setMessage() Call to undefined method error

Sorry, this may be posted somewhere and I'm not seeing it, and I may should be posting in the Joomla forum, but does does setMessage work in Joomla4/Fabrik4? I have a fresh Joomla4/Fabrik4 install and when I add setMessage to an element's PHP Validation within the 'PHP code' box I get the...
  3. hominid4

Dropdown Advanced Eval Populate - 0 shows as 1

I have a dropdown element, with the below query under the Eval Populate of the Advanced tab to build the dropdown. It works as needed except the 0 in the `label` column shows as "1" within the form, so the dropdown shows as: 1 1 2 I've been messing with this a good while and not sure how to...
  4. hominid4

Database Join Element - Front-end Add - and "Edit" button?

Well, I've worked with Fabrik pretty much since the inception and I can't find this setting - HA! I have a Database Join element with the 'Add option in front end' turned on and it shows the normal 'Add' button next to the element, but also there's a 'Edit' button that I haven't seen before...
  5. hominid4

JDate onClick Alert within Calendar Pop-up

If I could revisit the post below that juuser was gracious enough to help with. https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/alternative-to-the-date_time-advanced-dates-for-choose-date.51922 I'm needing similar functionality again for another project but this time I need the Time Selector...
  6. hominid4

PHP Variable in Placeholder?

Sorry, seems like I seen the answer to this years back but can't find it. Is it possible to have a variable within a placeholder? $foo = 'bar'; $placeholder = '{'.$foo.'_table___element}'; Instead of: '{bar_table___element}'; A very simplified example of what I'm trying to achieve is, to...
  7. hominid4

List Pre-filter Variable passed to Custom Link?

Table: class id|class_name|class_code ========== 1|Class One|CC-1-9861 2|Class Two|CC-2-3254 Table: student id|student_name|class_id ========== 1|Bill|1 2|Susie|1 3|Larry|2 I have the two above simplified tables and are open to the public with no user access applied. A teacher is given the URL...
  8. hominid4

Dropdown Element Not Empty Validation Error When 0

I very seldom use the Dropdown element, almost always use Database Join element, and haven't noticed this before and not sure if it's only on my end, although I tried it on a couple different sites/servers. I have a Dropdown element with four sub options with values: empty (for Please select)...
  9. hominid4

User Edit Their Last Inserted Record

Sorry, I've searched and didn't find an answer. I have a list that different registered users submit to, and a user can submit multiple records. Is it possible to link directly to the Fabrik form and it is the logged in user's last submitted record? The table has a "user_id" user element, and...
  10. hominid4

Alternative to the date_time "Advanced Dates" for "Choose Date"?

Sorry, I know this has been discussed before, and do realize jDate most likely will never have an "Advanced Dates" type of feature, but wanted to see if anyone had an alternative solution that you've been using. For a date element that we use it for anyways; which is a "Choose Date" element...
  11. hominid4

Edit Form if Condition = True; New Form if = False

Below is a simplified version of my Db tables. In short, what is needed is if a user's (`tbl_profiles___attempts` == `tbl_challenge___attempt`) then they are allowed to edit the form as many times they like, but if the user's (`tbl_profiles___attempts` != `tbl_challenge___attempt`) then show a...
  12. hominid4

Re: Export format for multi-select Dropdown Element

Hi. Has a parameter referenced below been added? I have a Database Join element rendered as checkboxes. And need the CSV export to have no raw data columns and the checkbox selections delimited by commas instead of as "Checkbox One Checkbox Three". Need instead "Checkbox One, Checkbox Three"...
  13. hominid4

Change User's User Group on Form Submit Without Force Logout

Hi, I have a form PHP onAfterProcess that removes a user from one user group and adds them to another user group. This works as needed, but is there way to achieve that without forcing the user to log out and back in in order to use those new User Group rights? Hugh, did you have luck with that...
  14. hominid4

Github: Fix for "always return todays date"

Regarding Github commit 5032880, Fix for "always return todays date", should "$val = JFactory::getDate('now', $timeZone);" and "$val = JFactory::getDate('now');" be flipped? I have a date element set to UTC "always return todays date" and it kept recording the local time instead of UTC and...
  15. hominid4

Date Element Picker Disallow Dates is Off by One Day

Hi. I?m using the Date element as a date picker, and am using the "PHP Allow Dates" code at the bottom of the Date Element?s wiki to disallow queried dates. I?m also using JS to disable the weekends. The code is pasted under the date element?s Advanced tab respectively. A test disallowed date...
  16. hominid4

Element Javascript - Predefined 'Reset' Action

Hi. This is lazy on my part, but would it be possible to add a "reset()" action to the Predefined actions in the element javascript? There's times when I will have a Date/Time element that's editable and a Yes/No element that will toggle that element, and to prevent someone from clicking 'Yes'...
  17. hominid4

Messaging System - How to show message Unread and change to Read?

Hi. I have a ?messaging? table to allow clients to post messages to their relationship employees. Each client has assigned employees, and an employee can be assigned to multiple clients. When a client posts a message, only their assigned employees can see the message; so the one message will...
  18. hominid4

Split array into seperate groups by common ID to use as 'dynamic' variable

Hi. I have a 'client-emails' list/table that contains a Client ID and email addresses that are assigned to those, each client can have several assigned emails. 'client-emails' client_id | email ============ 27 | email1@client27domain 27 | email2@client27domain 42 | email1@client42domain 42 |...
  19. hominid4

Menu item's "Reset filters" overriding list's CSV "Include Filters"?

I have a list with the date/time element as a range filter; and allow CSV exporting of the list via the front-end. Within the list?s "Publishing > CSV" settings I have "Front end options = No" and "Include Filters = Yes". When a date range is selected, and the data is exported, it correctly...
  20. hominid4

Is using Joomla only for Fabrik overkill?

I've created a company "portal" for one of my clients with Fabrik. It's password protected and not accessible to the public, only their employees and their clients. The whole portal site is built with Fabrik (approx 20 tables/lists), and mainly only uses Joomla's user management and access...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back