• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. B

A better error message when forgetting to select a file when importing from csv?

Actually, I think a better option would be for the Continue button to be come available only after a file has been selected.
  2. B

A better error message when forgetting to select a file when importing from csv?

Would it be possible to add an error message along the lines of "Please select a file" or "You have not selected a file" when importing from CSV but forgetting to select a file. The error message that currently appears reads "An error has occurred. 0 Import Failed! Invalid file format (). Valid...
  3. B

Fabrik 4.0 Official is here

A magnificent achievement, can't thank you all enough. Just a pity that Henk didn't live to see version 4.0.
  4. B

J5 F4 com_search

Thanks, that's good news. I have com_search working with Fabrik in J4, just wish I could get com_search to work with Kunena.
  5. B

Any chance of updating the Inline Edit plugin for J4?

First of all, a huge thankyou to the brilliant team that have got Fabrik working so well on J4. I have a website that completely depends on Fabrik for much of its functionality and before you all set to work was thinking I might just abandon it, but you all came to the rescue. One little...
  6. B

Can't create a radiobutton element

I've come across this too. A workround that worked for me was to first create the element as a Field, save it and then change it to a radiobutton. (Obviously not a proper fix.)
  7. B

Problem with conditional validation

Thanks troester. The root of the problem seems to be the complicated history of this particular list. There are several lists - some now no longer used - that use the same table and over the years parent/child relationships between some elements have clearly got very confused, including the...
  8. B

Problem with conditional validation

Joomla 4.3 Fabrik 4.0Gamma3 PHP8.1 running on XAMPP Copy of a J3/Fabrik3.1 website I have an IsNot validation which is supposed to run only under certain conditions. This worked fine on J3, but I can't get it to work on J4. The validation checks the value of Yes/No element...
  9. B

Atum template override added by Fabrik is preventing saving settings in Latest News Enhanced

Thanks, I've amended the file and LNE settings now save. I hadn't made the connection with that earlier issue. No error messages or debug information were triggered, just a javascript error in the browser console relating to joomla-field-media.js line 171.
  10. B

Atum template override added by Fabrik is preventing saving settings in Latest News Enhanced

After installing Latest News Enhanced on my J4 development website I was unable to save any parameters. The LNE developer Olivier Buisard has tracked down the problem to an Atum override added by Fabrik: administrator/templates/atum/html/layouts/joomla/edit/params.php He says that with the...
  11. B

Duplicating a date field

Thanks, that works (after I inserted the missing single quote).
  12. B

Duplicating a date field

Thanks, exactly right. I didn't think about JS because I know absolutely nothing about it. I must have copied it from somewhere, or perhaps got it from someone on this forum (you perhaps) The code is $('tbl_events___eventenddate_cal').value = $('tbl_events___eventdate_cal').getValue(); but it...
  13. B

Duplicating a date field

Developing J4 version of a J3 website on XAMPP. J4.2.8 Fabrik 4gamma2 PHP8.1 On J3 I have an events database with a field for the starting date and a field for the end date, both using the old date element. Most events are on a single day, so very conveniently after selecting a date in the...
  14. B

Question on Search

Deutsch ist eine unsmartsearchkompatible Sprache?
  15. B

Question on Search

I'd very much like to have the Fabrik search plugin working with com_search on J4. I have searching of content and Acymail email archive working well. The Fabrik plugin came across from J3 but when enabled creates an error that I have no idea how to fix. I don't like Smart Search much and can't...
  16. B

Error when trying to create new table

Thanks Troester, that suggestion worked!
  17. B

I've done screenshots of the structures for the elements table in the database with the issue (PGC2) and for an earlier version (PGC) where I can create tables without running into problems. First PGC2 Now PGC The earlier version (PGC) has been around for several months but has a later...
  18. B

I installed gamma2 but no joy - exactly the same error description as before (though preceded by the error caused by thumbs.php, which I got rid of by installing the new version.
  19. B

Setting a condition for running validation causing error

Thanks, deleting _raw has fixed that one. (In this case, there was no real reason to specify _raw anyway, as the non-raw and raw values should be identical.)
  20. B

The development versions are using 10.4.24-MariaDB (XAMPP for Windows 8.1.6) and php8.1 The live website also uses MariaDB 10.3.38-MariaDB-1:10.3.38+maria~ubu2004 - mariadb.org binary distribution. It uses php8.0 - I've tried changing to 8.1 but clearly one or more of extension aren't...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back